MARADMINS : 230/17
R 112120Z MAY 17
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MF//
SUBJ/ASSIGNMENT OF COLLATERAL DUTY CODE FOR SUICIDE PREVENTION PROGRAM OFFICERS//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/ CMC WASHINGTON DC/YMD: 20120410//
APMN/REF A IS MCO 1720.2 MARINE CORPS SUICIDE PREVENTION PROGRAM (MCSPP)//
POC/A. LAPORTE/CIV/NAF-4/UNIT: MFCP-4/-/EMAIL: ALISA.LAPORTE@USMC.MIL TEL: 703-784-9155//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN announces the requirement to report an additional duty code, “SPPO,” entry into the Marine Corps Training Information Management System.
2. Background. Ref (a) requires the implementation of the MCSPP throughout the total force to reduce the risk of suicide for Active and Reserve Marines, Sailors, dependents, and civilian Marines to minimize adverse effects of suicidal actions on command readiness and morale and to preserve mission effectiveness and war-fighting capability. The Suicide Prevention Program Officer (SPPO) is an integral part of the MCSPP. The SPPO serves in an administrative and coordinating capacity for the commander as the “eyes and ears” of the MCSPP. The SPPO’s knowledge of MCSPP policy assists their commanding officer with managing the unit’s suicide prevention program. Headquarters Marine Corps Suicide Prevention Program (HQMCSPP) communicates with the SPPO monthly via email to provide the most current policies, procedures, social media/marketing materials, Inspector General Checklist information, and best practices. In order to communicate more effectively and track appointments, HQMCSPP established a collateral duty
code “SPPO,” which will be used to receive contact information for all SPPOs in the Marine Corps.
a. Commanders are to ensure all SPPOs are appointed in writing, complete mandatory training on MarineNet within 30 days of appointment, and present their appointment letter and MarineNet training certificate to their administrative section for unit diary reporting. The Reporting Unit/Installation Personnel Administration Center will assign the “SPPO” code via the unit diary.
b. Stand-Alone Administrative Unit/IPACs will report Type Transaction Code Sequence (TTC-SEQ) 073-000 in accordance with paragraph 5-50901 of the Marine Corps Total Force System User’s Manual after verifying the appropriate documentation and that the Training Event Code “SL” is present on the D168 (Training Event) Remark. The training event date for Training Event Code “SL” must be within 30 days of appointment as the SPPO, since the training event code is generated automatically upon completion of the MarineNet course, and any Marine not formally assigned as the SPPO may enroll and complete the MarineNet course. Stand-Alone Administration Unit/IPAC shall report the appropriate unit diary entry “SPPO” for all Marines who have met the previously stated requirements.
4. Coordinating Instructions
a. Installation commanders shall coordinate with their subordinate commanders/tenants to ensure they understand the contents of this MARADMIN and its applicability.
b. Individual Marines are responsible for providing a copy of their SPPO appointment letter and MarineNet certificate to their S-1 administration unit within 30 days of appointment.
5. No later than 20170615, commanders will ensure all SPPOs provide source documentation to administration unit for appropriate unit diary entry.
6. This MARADMIN is cancelled when incorporated into reference (a).
7. Signal. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
8. Release authorized by BGen K. W. Stein, Director, Marine and Family Programs Division.//