MARADMINS : 255/17
241728Z May 17
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC L LF//
SUBJ/MARINE CORPS FOOD MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM (MCFMIS) POINT OF SALE (POS) IMPLEMENTATION//
REF/C/MCFMIS SOP REVISION 7/01012015//
NARR/REF A IS THE MARINE CORPS FOOD SERVICE AND SUBSISTENCE PROGRAM. REF B IS THE BASIC ALLOWANCE FOR SUBSISTENCE (BAS) AND MEAL CARD PROGRAM. REF C IS THE STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES FOR MARINE CORPS FOOD MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM.//
POC/C. GIRARD/CIV/I AND L (LF)/EMAIL: CHARLES.GIRARD@USMC.MIL/TEL: DSN 664-4511 OR COM 703 604-4511//
POC/K. BARNES/CIV/I AND L (LF)/EMAIL: KENNETH.BARNES@USMC.MIL/TEL: DSN: 664-3658 OR COM 703 604-3658//
1. Situation. This MARADMIN announces the transition to the Marine Corps Food Management Information System (MCFMIS) Point of Sales (POS) software at all USMC Installations.
2. Mission: The POS software provides the capability for POS terminals to scan the 2D PDF417 bar code on the back of the Common Access Card (CAC), validate/verify Marine Corps meal entitlements via the Marine Corps Total Force System (MCTFS) and once fully fielded will provide the ability to discontinue the requirement for manual issuing of meal cards.
3. Execution. POS was designed to meet all meal entitlement accounting records required by ref (a) through (c).
3.a. The POS automates garrison mess hall manual meal verification process throughout the Marine Corps.
3.b. POS reads the CAC, records Electronic Data Interchange Personnel Identifier (EDIPI) information and eliminates Marines manually signing the cash meal payment sheet or the meal signature record.
3.c. The software includes the ability to process various cash, credit cards (as applicable) and payroll deduction transactions in support of meal payments.
3.e. In the future, POS will interface with MCTFS, however, this interface will not become operational until after all POS systems have been fielded to the installations.
3.d. Meal entitlement will continue to be validated with the meal card until DC M AND RA (MI) publishes guidance to discontinue issuing meal cards, details on how meal entitlements will be validated in MCTFS and how those meal checkages will be shown on a Marines Leave and Earnings Statement.
4. Scope. POS Operation Test and Evaluation (OT AND E) was conducted inclusive of all system interfaces.
4.a. Deployment of the task management guidance ensures the system is within the Marine Corps information governance requirements and established the foundation for records management actions.
4.b. Enterprise wide POS rollout implementation will begin in June 2017. POS suites are being shipped to the installations and prior coordination was conducted.
4.c. Assistant Deputy Commandant, Installations and Logistics (Facilities) will release a separate Automated Message Handling System (AMHS) message that provides detailed fielding guidance.
5. Training. In accordance with ref (c), a new equipment training team will be deployed to all commands, using a “train the trainer” style approach to support initial installation.
6. Applicability. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
7. Command and signal. Direct all questions to POC(s) listed above.
8. Release authorized by MajGen John J. Broadmeadow, Assistant Deputy Commandant, Installations and Logistics (Facilities).//