MARADMINS : 282/17
R 051915Z JUN 17
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/MCBUL 7220 CHANGE 1 TO THE FY17 SRB PROGRAM//
REF/A/MSGID: MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP/072040ZJUL16//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/CMC MRA MP/YMD: 20161021//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/DODI/YMD: 20130312//
POC/STEELE/CAPT/CMC (MPP-20)/-/TEL: COM 703-784-9362//
NARR/REF (A) IS MARADMIN 354/16, FISCAL YEAR 2017 (FY17) SELECTIVE REENLISTMENT BONUS (SRB) PROGRAM AND FY17 BROKEN SERVICE SRB (BSSRB) PROGRAM. REF (B) IS MCO 7220.24P, SELECTIVE REENLISTMENT BONUS PROGRAM. REF (C) IS DODI 1304.31, ENLISTED BONUS PROGRAM.//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. To inform Commanding Officers, Sergeants Major, Career Planners, and Marines of required changes to the FY17 SRB Program in order to support continuing force shaping efforts.
2. Background. Ref (a) has been in effect since 7 July 2016.
3. Action. Commanding Officers, Sergeants Major, Career Planners, and other Marine Corps leaders will ensure their Marines fully understand the policy changes published in this message. All of the other provisions of the references remain in effect.
4. Per references (b) and (c), the FY17 SRB program will be terminated 30 days after the release of this MARADMIN. Marines with an ECC during FY17 will no longer be eligible for a SRB. A FY17 ECC is defined as: Any Marine who has an ECC on the date of reenlistment between 1 October 2016 and 30 September 2017.
5. This bulletin is not applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
6. This bulletin cancels on 30 September 2017.
7. Release authorized by SES M. R. Strobl, Division Director, Manpower Plans and Policy, Acting.//