USMC WINNER OF THE 2017 DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE SEXUAL ASSAULT PREVENTION INNOVATION AWARD
Date Signed: 8/30/2017
MARADMINS Number: 481/17
R 301247Z AUG 17
MSGID/MARADMIN/CMC/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MF//
SUBJ/USMC WINNER OF THE 2017 DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE SEXUAL ASSAULT PREVENTION INNOVATION AWARD//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/CMC WASHINGTON DC/20170831//
POC/C. HEIT/CIV/UNIT: MFB/-/TEL: 703-784-1247//
AMPN/REF A IS THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE SEXUAL ASSAULT PREVENTION AND RESPONSE OFFICE NOMINATION GUIDELINES FOR THE 2017 SEXUAL ASSAULT PREVENTION INNOVATION AWARD//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Background. In June 2014, the Department of Defense (DoD) Sexual Assault Prevention and Response (SAPR) Office initiated an annual Sexual Assault Prevention Innovation Award to recognize a group or an individual from each military service who contributed or developed an innovative idea, concept, methodology, or approach to positively impact the SAPR program on an installation, in a deployed environment, or in a reserve component.
2. Congratulations to Ms. Shacquanda Anquoine Clark, SAPR Victim Advocate for Marine Corps Installations Command, National Capital Region, Marine Corps Base Quantico, for her selection as the Marine Corps winner of the 2017 DoD Sexual Assault Prevention Innovation Award.
3. Ms. Clark was recognized for her creation and implementation of a prevention and educational effort targeted to support the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Asexual (LGBTQA) community aboard the installation. Ms. Clarks initiatives had a resounding impact on sexual assault victims who identify as LGBTQA by debunking gender and sexuality myths, educating senior leadership on the barriers to reporting sexual assaults by those who are gender ascribed, and introducing LGBTQA-friendly terminology into prevention training.
4. Competition for this fourth annual award was particularly keen, and all nominees are commended for their commitment to prevention efforts in support of the Marine Corps SAPR program.
5. This MARADMIN is cancelled 31 October 2017.
6. Release authorized by BGen K. W. Stein, Director, Marine and Family Programs Division//