26XX OCCUPATIONAL FIELD PROFESSIONALIZATION
Date Signed: 9/6/2017
MARADMINS Number: 495/17
R 051951Z SEP 17
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC I//
SUBJ/26XX OCCUPATIONAL FIELD PROFESSIONALIZATION//
NARR/REF (A) IS THE MOS MANUAL SIGNED 17 APRIL 2017, REF (B) IS THE FY18 MILITARY OCCUPATIONAL SPECIALTIES MANUAL CHANGES IMPLEMENTING MARADMIN, REF (C) IS THE PUBLICATION OF FISCAL YEARS 2018 THROUGH 2038 TABLES OF ORGANIZATION AND EQUIPMENT//
POC/S.O. CARTER/MSGT/26XX OCCUPATIONAL FIELD SPECIALIST/I-IOP/TEL: DSN 224-9326/TEL: COML (571) 256-9326/FAX: (703)614-1306/EMAIL: SAMUEL.CARTER@USMC.MIL//
POC/A.E. SAGEBIEL/MSGT/26XX OCCUPATIONAL FIELD SPECIALIST/I-IOE/TEL: DSN 224-6561/TEL: COML (703)614-6561/FAX: (703)614-1306/EMAIL: ANN.SAGEBIEL@USMC.MIL//
POC/J.M. SCOGGINS/MSGT/26XX OCCUPATIONAL FIELD SPECIALIST/I-IOP/TEL: DSN 224-3981/TEL: COML(703)614-3981/FAX: (703)614-1306/EMAIL: JOHN.M.SCOGGINS1@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/RMKS/1. This MARADMIN is published to clarify the changes to the 26XX Occupational Field that will take effect 1 October 2017 in accordance with reference (a).
2. PMOS 2641, Cryptologic Linguist Operator Analyst. All Marines, Private through Sergeant, with a PMOS of 2671, 2673, 2674, and 2676 will be assigned the 2641 PMOS effective 1 October 2017. Each 267X PMOS will be deleted effective 1 October 2017. Marines assigned the 2641 PMOS shall maintain a minimum Listening 2/Reading 2 (L2/R2) score on the Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT).
3. PMOS 2629, Signals Intelligence Electronic Warfare Technician. All Marines, Staff Sergeant through Gunnery Sergeant, with a PMOS of 2621, 2631, 2671, 2673, 2674, or 2676 will be assigned the 2629 PMOS effective 1 October 2017. Beginning 1 October 2017, any Marine with the PMOS of 2621, 2631, or 2641 selected to Staff Sergeant, must attend Marine Analysis and Reporting Course (MARC)(CID: F074141), to obtain the 2629 PMOS. Commanders are highly encouraged to enroll their Marines in MARC as soon as they have been selected for promotion to Staff Sergeant. Marines eligible for promotion consideration to the rank of Gunnery Sergeant that do not have the 2629 PMOS will not be eligible for promotion consideration and will be deleted from the promotion board population. Marines with more than 24 months’ time in grade as a Staff Sergeant that have not completed MARC will require a CG endorsement for further retention. This is applicable to the Active Duty Component only as training equivalency for the Reserve Component is being developed.
3.a. Example: A Staff Sergeant with a DOR of 1 September 2017 and has NOT completed F074141 WILL be granted the 2629 PMOS on 1 October 2017.
3.b. Example: A Staff Sergeant with a DOR of 1 October 2017 and has NOT completed F074141 will NOT be granted the 2629 PMOS until the required training is completed.
4. EMOS 27XX, Linguist. All Marines, Private through Master Gunnery Sergeant, with PMOS 2621, 2631, 2671, 2673, 2674, 2676, or 2691 who have successfully completed a course of language instruction at the Defense Language Institute (DLI) and achieved a minimum L2/R2 score on the DLPT will be assigned a 27XX EMOS effective 1 October 2017. Beginning 1 October 2017, any Marine with a PMOS of 2641, 2629, or 2691 who successfully complete a language course at DLI and achieve a minimum score of L2/R2 on the DLPT will be assigned a corresponding 27XX EMOS. Upon approval from Director Intelligence (IOE), assignment of a 27XX EMOS may be granted to 2641, 2629, and 2691 Marines who attend a formal government-funded language training course other than DLI and achieve a minimum L2/R2 DLPT score upon course completion. 2629 PMOS Marines with a 27XX EMOS shall take the corresponding DLPT annually and maintain a minimum L2/R2 score.
5. NMOS 2642, Advanced Cryptologic Linguist Operator Analyst. DoD has stated a career goal for professional linguists of achieving Interagency Language Roundtable “General Professional Proficiency” Level 3 in those modalities (listening, reading, and/or speaking) required to perform their primary function. Any Marine with a PMOS of 2641, 2629, or 2691 who hold a 27XX EMOS and current minimum L3/R3 score on the DLPT as of 15 August 2017 in their 27XX language will be assigned NMOS 2642 effective 1 October 2017. Beginning 1 October 2017, any Marine with PMOS 2641, 2629, or 2691 who hold a 27XX EMOS and achieve a minimum L3/R3 score on the DLPT in their 27XX language, will be assigned the 2642 NMOS upon approval of Director Intelligence (IOE). Marines assigned the 2642 NMOS shall maintain a L3/R3 score on the DLPT.
6. PMOS 2651, Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance (ISR) Systems Engineer is a reclassification of the 2651 Special Intelligence Communicator Administrator to perform a new role within the Marine Corps ISR Enterprise (MCISRE). Historically, this workforce was solely responsible for SCI Communications for intelligence organizations. Marines within this MOS are now responsible for data flow management, systems integration between Programs of Record and Commercial technologies, special access communications ranging between SCI networks and coalition networks, data security and access controls, and the implementation of data engineering within MCISRE. This implementation strategy draws upon growth in Big Data, Data Science and the maturation of artificial intelligence, and its impacts to the intelligence cycle. The MOS structure, training and readiness standards, and personnel employment strategy, evolved to support a more specialized intelligence function. The requirements for assignment of the 2651 PMOS are the successful completion of the Tactical SIGINT Operators Course (TSOC) (CID F07CVT1) and the Special Intelligence Systems Administrator/Communicator Course (SISACC) (CID F07DZZ1).
7. PMOS 2611 Cryptologic Cyberspace Analyst. Effective 1 October 2018, 2611 will convert to a PMOS for ranks Private through Sergeant and will feed into the 2629 PMOS at the rank of Staff Sergeant. The 2611 PMOS training pipeline will include the Tactical SIGINT Operators Course (TSOC) (CID F07CVT1) and the Joint Cyber Analysis Course (JCAC) (CID N23CUQ1).
7.a. All 26XX Marines, Private through Sergeant, who have completed JCAC (CID N23CUQ1), and subsequently awarded the 2611 NMOS prior to 1 October 2018 will have the opportunity to request a voluntary lateral move into the 2611 PMOS.
8. Release authorized by Leslie J. Ferguson, Deputy Assistant Director of Intelligence for Resources, Headquarters, U. S. Marine Corps.//