ANNOUNCEMENT OF BILLET VACANCIES FOR CALENDAR YEAR 2017 SERGEANTS MAJOR SLATE 4-17
Date Signed: 9/29/2017
MARADMINS Number: 540/17
R 291214Z SEP 17
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/ANNOUNCEMENT OF BILLET VACANCIES FOR CALENDAR YEAR 2017 SERGEANTS MAJOR SLATE 4-17//
REF/A/MSGID: MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC DMCS/271716ZJUN2013//
AMPN/REF IS ALMAR 024-13, SERGEANTS MAJOR SLATING PROCESS.//
POC/R. K. WILLIAMSON/SGTMAJ/MM/-/TEL: DSN 278-9698//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Per the ref, the following billets will be slated:
COMMAND MCC TENTATIVE DATE NOTES
MARFORRES 1FZ FEBRUARY 2018
2. Sergeants Major (SgtsMaj) must meet the following criteria:
2.a. Must have successfully served or currently serving at the O-7 level or above for at least 24 months prior to the report date for the announced billets.
2.b. Must have a minimum of 18 months at present unit on date of reporting to the announced billet.
2.c. Must meet height/weight standards and have passed the most recent Physical Fitness Test or Combat Fitness Test.
2.d. Must occupy designated government quarters.
3. SgtsMaj requesting consideration should understand that Manpower Management Division (MM Div) will automatically address time on station waivers and enlisted career force control concerns.
4. SgtsMaj with concerns that may affect their future slating and assignment decisions must provide a summary via letter, with MSC Commander endorsement, to the MM Div SgtMaj prior to the board convening.
5. Correspondence must arrive at CMC (MM Div) NLT 12 Oct 2017. Questions concerning this slating process should be communicated to the MM Div SgtMaj, DSN 278-9698/COM (703)784-9698, prior to the board convening.
6. Release authorized by MajGen Robert F. Castellvi, Director, Manpower Management Division.//