CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR CY18 OUTREACH AWARDS
Date Signed: 10/16/2017
MARADMINS Number: 576/17
R 161658Z OCT 17
MARADMIN 576/17 MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP/MPE//
SUBJ/CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR CY18 OUTREACH AWARDS//
AMPN/REF A IS MCO 1610.7F, PERFORMANCE EVALUATION SYSTEM (PES) MANUAL//
POC/M. J. SHEPPARD/GS12/CMC (MPE)/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: MARC.SHEPPARD@USMC.MIL//
POC/L. G. BRAYBOY/CIV/CMC (MPC)/TEL: COM 703-784-9684/DSN 278/EMAIL: LEON.BRAYBOY@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The Equal Opportunity and Diversity Management Branch (MPE) and the Civilian Workforce Management Branch (MPC) convene awards boards to select recipients for numerous Department of Defense (DoD) and national affinity group awards.
2. The outreach awards are divided into two categories: Science Technology Engineering and Math (STEM) and leadership and meritorious service.
a. STEM awards recognize military and civilian nominees who have distinguished themselves by significantly contributing to their organization's mission and the nation through exemplary professional and career achievement, technical contribution, educational leadership, and community service.
b. Leadership and meritorious service awards recognize nominees who have distinguished themselves through their exemplary leadership, promoted the Marine Corps in their community, and fostered positive relationships between the Armed Forces and the civilian population.
3. All Marines and civilian employees, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, or religion, are eligible for nomination. Commanders may nominate individuals for more than one award if the criteria for multiple awards are met.
4. Refer to the HQMC MPE website at http:(slash)(slash)www.manpower.usmc.mil/marinediversity and click on the outreach awards link for specific award criteria and nomination package requirements.
5. Current CY outreach awards nomination due dates:
a. 9 Feb 2018:
(1) Sea Service Leadership Association Maj Megan McClung leadership award (military)
(2) Federal Asian Pacific American Council Meritorious Service Award (civilian/military)
(3) League of United Latin American Citizens Excellence award (civilian)
b. 6 Apr 2018:
(1) DoD outstanding DoD employee with a disability meritorious service award (military and civilian)
(2) National Image, Incorporated Meritorious Service Award (civilian/military)
(3) Women of Color Outstanding Achievement Award (civilian/military)
(4) Society of American Indian Government Employees Achievement Award (civilian/military)
(5) Blacks in Government Meritorious Service Award (military/civilian)
c. 8 Jun 2018:
(1) Latina Style Meritorious Service Award (civilian/military)
d. 10 Aug 2018:
(1) Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs Grateful Nation Award (military)
(2) Career Communications Group, Incorporated Black Engineer of the Year Award (military)
6. Marines and/or DoD employees who are selected for these affinity group awards will be able to attend the conference and/or ceremony funded by CMC (MPE). Per reference (a), receipt of these awards are considered commendatory material and may be entered as such in evaluation during the Marines’ reporting period.
7. National Affinity Groups are non-federal entities and are not endorsed by the DoD or USMC.
8. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
9. Release Authorized by BGen S. F. Benedict, Director, Manpower Plans and Policy Division.//