NOVEMBER 2017 PROMOTIONS FOR STAFF NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICERS (SNCO) AND DECEMBER 2017 PLANNED PROMOTIONS FOR SNCOS
Date Signed: 10/16/2017
MARADMINS Number: 577/17
R 171030Z OCT 17
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/NOVEMBER 2017 PROMOTIONS FOR STAFF NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICERS (SNCO) AND DECEMBER 2017 PLANNED PROMOTIONS FOR SNCOS//
NARR/REF A IS MCO P1400.32D W/CH 2, ENLISTED PROMOTION MANUAL. REF B IS MCO 5000.14D MARINE CORPS ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES (MCAP). REF C IS MARINE CORPS TOTAL FORCE SYSTEM PERSONNEL REPORTING INSTRUCTION USERS MANUAL (MCTFSPRIUM). REF D IS MARADMIN 521/14, UPDATED ENLISTED PME REQUIREMENTS BY GRADE AND ANNOUNCEMENT OF CMD-SPONSORED LCPL LEADERSHIP-ETHICS AND CAREER COURSES SEMINAR.//
POC/CHRISTINA R. UPTON/MAJ/HD MMPR-2/TEL: 278-9718/EMAIL: CHRISTINA.UPTON@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Units will receive a Diary Feedback Report (DFR) with a select grade date of 1 November 2017 for each Marine to be promoted. The select grade, rank, seniority number, and board year will be listed on the "GRAD" screen in the MCTFS.
2. Upon receipt of this MARADMIN and posting of a select grade on the DFR, but not prior to the 1st of November 2017, commanders will effect the promotion of selected Marines per paragraph 5100 of reference (a). Cite this MARADMIN as authority for promotion.
3. Commanders are reminded that paragraph 3107.4 of reference (a) requires that Marines in the grade of gunnery sergeant and above who have served at least 18 years but less than 30 years of active military service must agree to serve 2 years or until service limits, whichever occurs first, in the grade to which promoted. Before delivering appointment certificates to Marines in this category, commanders must ensure that each Marine has sufficient obligated service remaining on their current contract to enable them to serve at least 2 years or until service limits in the grade to which promoted. If the Marine refuses to extend or reenlist to have sufficient obligated service, inform CMC (MMPR-2) of the Marines refusal.
4. Commanders are reminded of their inherent responsibilities in the Enlisted Promotion System. Thoroughly review the record of each selected Marine prior to delivery of the certificate of appointment to ensure the Marine has continued to maintain the high standards of professional and personal performance which led to selection. You are instructed to review paragraphs 1200.4, 1204 and 3107 of reference (a). Upon completion of the review of applicable records, if the commanders intent is to delay or revoke the promotion of a selected Marine, reference (a) provides specific guidance and reporting instructions.
5. Reference (b) enclosure (3) states that commanders are responsible for the accuracy of their Marines records, regardless of the format of the information (paper records, MCTFS records, etc.) and the locations of the records (mainframe databases, IPAC, etc.). Per reference (c) when a Marine is promoted above the grade ceiling for the PMOS held, commanders will change the Marines PMOS to the career progression MOS.
6. Commanders who have Marines attached to their command/unit/det in temporary additional duty status must seek concurrence from the Marines parent command prior to effecting the promotion.
7. The numbers listed below indicate the senior number promoted the previous month and the total number of Marines to be promoted for the current month. However, the numbers may not always add up. This is due to Marines selected noncompetitively (WO, MECEP selects) who are assigned a seniority number with an alpha letter, Marines who are discharged, and Marines in a promotion restriction status. To avoid erroneous promotions of SNCOs, it is imperative that commanders follow the guidance in paragraph (1) and only promote Marines with a select grade date in the MCTFS.
8. Status of FY 2017 SNCO Promotion Lists:
Number Senior No. Nov 17 Projected
Grade Selected Prom Oct 17 Prom for Dec 17
SgtMaj/MGySgt 281 215 Clear List 5*
1stSgt/MSgt 902 857 Clear List 0
GySgt 2073 1326 100 200
SSgt 3668 1499 500 400
** If 2018 list available.
9. For Enlisted Promotion matters call Comm (703) 784-9718 or DSN 278-9718. Email inquiries may be submitted to: EnlistedPromotions@usmc.mil. This MARADMIN will be posted to the Promotion Branch website. Enlisted Promotion home page: www.manpower.usmc.mil, select "Active Marine", "Promotion Branch (MMPR)", then "Enlisted Promotions". From there, to find this MARADMIN: click on "Message Traffic", then "Staff Noncommissioned Officer (SNCO) Messages".
10. Release authorized by MajGen Robert F. Castellvi, Director, Manpower Management Division.//