FY19 ACTIVE AND RESERVE DEFENSE ATTACHE SYSTEM OPERATIONS COORDINATOR AND OPERATIONS NON-COMMISSIONED OFFICER SELECTION BOARD RESULTS
Date Signed: 11/2/2017
MARADMINS Number: 611/17
R 021451Z NOV 17
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FY19 ACTIVE AND RESERVE DEFENSE ATTACHE SYSTEM OPERATIONS COORDINATOR AND OPERATIONS NON-COMMISSIONED OFFICER SELECTION BOARD RESULTS//
NARR/REF A IS DOD OPERATIONS AT US EMBASSIES. REF B IS DEFENSE ATTACHE SYSTEM. REF C IS THE DEFENSE ATTACHE SYSTEM. REF D IS MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENT POLICY. REF E IS PRECEDENCE LEVELS FOR MANNING AND STAFFING. REF F IS FY19 ACTIVE AND RESERVE COMPONENT DEFENSE ATTACHE SYSTEM OPERATIONS COORDINATOR AND OPERATIONS NON-COMMISSIONED OFFICER SELECTION BOARD.//
POC/M. S. JACKSON/UNIT: HQMC IO/-/TEL: 571-256-9332/EMAIL: MITCHEL.S.JACKSON@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The following active and reserve Staff Non-Commissioned Officers were selected by the FY19 Marine Attaché Selection Board. These Marines will be nominated to the Defense Intelligence Agency for final approval:
Active Duty Selectees (Read in three columns)
Country Name Grade
Dominican Republic Rogers, Paul R. E7
Egypt Bowers II, Theo E. E7
El Salvador Barbeite II, Jorge C. E7
Ethiopia Earhart, Joel G. E6
Ghana Whitmire, Andrew N. E6
Tunisia Brumfield, JerryPatrick L. E6
Ukraine Ferguson, Benjamin S. E6
Reserve Selectees (Read in two columns)
Hughes, Christopher J. E5
2. No later than two weeks from the release date of this MARADMIN all selectees must:
2.a. Contact Mr. Mitchel Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-256-9332 in order to accept the assignment and receive further guidance if necessary.
2.b. Contact their primary MOS monitor and commence initial assignment coordination.
3. Selectees can decline their selection without any negative consequences; however, once a selectee accepts their selection, they are obligated to fulfill the requirements of a Defense Attaché System Operations Non-Commissioned Officer.
4. It is highly recommended that selected Staff Non-Commissioned Officers and Non-Commissioned Officers complete professional military education, for their grade, before they receive Permanent Change of Station orders for training in the National Capital Region. Training start dates are dependent upon the assigned country and corresponding training requirements, but can be as early as January 2018. Selectees with competing Marine Corps requirements that could potentially delay their availability for training must notify Mr. Jackson and their primary MOS monitor in their initial correspondence. Headquarters Marine Corps will coordinate a final determination with Manpower and Reserve Affairs to resolve competing mission requirements.
5. A limited portion of training during the Joint Military Attaché School is available to the selectees’ spouses. Although spouse attendance is not required, it is highly recommended, and does not incur any additional cost to the Service member. A security clearance will be submitted for the attending spouse. Additionally, language training is available to attending spouses for most billets at the request of the selectee.
6. Release authorized by MajGen Robert F. Castellvi, Director, Manpower Management Division.//