MARADMINS : 621/17
R 090936Z NOV 17
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC CDI//
SUBJ/RESULTS OF THE MARINE CORPS STUDIES SYSTEM (MCSS) CALL FOR STUDIES FOR THE 4TH QTR OF FY17 AND THE 1ST QTR OF FY18 AND THE CALL FOR STUDIES FOR THE 2ND QTR OF FY18//
REF/A/MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC CDI/ R 232102Z NOV 16//
REF/B/DOC/CMC WASHINGTON DC /-/25SEP08//
NARR/REF A ANNOUNCED THE CALL FOR STUDIES FOR THE 4TH QTR OF FY17 AND THE 1ST QTR OF FY18 AND REF B IS MCO 3902.1D, MARINE CORPS STUDIES SYSTEM (MCSS)//
POC/JAMES A. EVANS/GS15/OAD/-/TEL: 703-432-8124/EMAIL: JAMES.A.EVANS@USMC.MIL//
POC/L. R. WATTS/GS13/OAD/-/TEL: 703-432-8189/EMAIL: LISA.WATTS@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Per refs (a) and (b), this MARADMIN announces the results of the Call for Studies for the 4th QTR of FY17 and the 1st QTR of FY18. This MARADMIN also announces the Call for Studies for the 2nd QTR of FY18 (see par 7).
2. Tier I studies are considered appropriate studies that meet the criteria provided in ref (a) as delineated by the Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC) and Deputy Commandant, Combat Development and Integration, (DC, CD and I), these studies will commence as soon aspossible. Tier II nominations are those found to be analytically sound and worthy of execution but either cannot be executed with available resources and/or require further development (e.g., refinement of study scope).
3. The following 4th QTR FY17 and the 1st QTR of FY18 study nominations are Tier I (sponsor in parentheses).
3.a. Analysis of Counter Unmanned Air Systems (C-UAS), (DC, CD and I)
3.b. MAGTF EW/EMSO Professional Community, (DC, CD and I)
3.c. Signature Profile Baselines for Marine Platforms, (DC, CD and I)
3.d. Small UAS Capabilities Analysis In Support of MAGTF Operations, (DC, CD and I)
4. The following FY17 4th QTR and FY18 1st QTR study nominations are Tier II:
4.a. Assessment of the Force Fitness Instructor Program, (CG, TECOM)
4.b. Comprehensive Marine Intercept Program Evaluation, (DC, M and RA)
4.c. Effect of non-PMOS Requirements on Combat Readiness in USMC Units, (CG, TECOM)
4.d. Military Equipment Depot Level Repair Carryover Analysis, (CG, LOGCOM)
4.e. Understanding the Environmental Risk Factors for Sexual Assault at Marine Corps Installations, (DC, M and RA)
5. The OAD government study lead appointed to oversee each accepted study will contact the agency POC as provided in the study nomination to prepare for study execution. Those study nominations not listed above were not accepted for execution. POCs for not accepted study nominations will be contacted via email by the Director, External Analysis Division.
6. Per ref (b), Marine Corps Commands and Activities that have commissioned studies and analysis outside of the MCSS are required to notify OAD (C 19) of such initiatives, to include the purpose and scope of their respective efforts. Additionally, electronic copies of completed studies and analytical efforts shall be provided to OAD (C 19) for inclusion into the MCSS repository. This can be accomplished by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. This message also announces the MCSS Call for Studies for the 2nd QTR of FY18 and solicits nominations for relevant and impactful studies. The nomination period is 8 Jan 18 through 9 Feb 18. The Studies Review Board will meet on 21 Feb 18 in room 236 at the Raymond Davis Building.
8. Action. Organizations and individuals interested in submitting a study nomination shall meet the following requirements IAW ref (b):
8.a. Nominations must have approval and support, at the submitting command, of a senior officer (Colonel/GS-15 civilian or above), who shall be the study sponsor.
8.b. Each Study Project Officer (SPO), assigned by the study sponsor, must be a Marine or government employee, contractors are not permitted to act as the SPO. The SPO must be available to assist in developing the performance work statement or study plan, have sufficient time at his/her current assignment to support study performer(s) and assist with the collection of data and completion of the study.
9. Nominations will be submitted via email. You may request a nomination form by emailing email@example.com. This form is the only acceptable form for submission. Nominations submitted using any other form shall be returned for resubmission. Completed forms shall be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Nominations may be submitted at any time, however, non-urgent requirements will be held until the next SRB.
11. Assistance and consultation in shaping study nominations is available from Mr. James Evans at email@example.com. To obtain additional information regarding OAD study nomination submissions, please visit http:(slant)(slant)www.mccdc.marines.mil/Units/OAD/Marine-Corps-Study-System.aspx.
12. Questions regarding this announcement or the MCSS process may be directed to Lisa Watts, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Robert S. Walsh, Deputy Commandant, Combat Development and Integration.//