WOUNDED WARRIOR REGIMENT SEEKS APPLICATIONS FOR 2018 MARINE CORPS TRIALS
Date Signed: 1/10/2018
MARADMINS Number: 022/18
R 101828Z JAN 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA WWR//
SUBJ/WOUNDED WARRIOR REGIMENT SEEKS APPLICATIONS FOR 2018 MARINE CORPS TRIALS//
POC/N.P. HOLT/CAPT/WWR/EMAIL: NICOLE.HOLT@USMC.MIL/TEL: 703-432-1873//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The Wounded Warrior Regiment's (WWR) Warrior Athlete Reconditioning Program (WAR-P) provides adaptive activities to recovering Service members (RSMs) commensurate with their physical and psychological capabilities in order to enhance individual recovery and enable RSMs to develop life-long healthy habits to improve their quality of life.
2. As part of this recovery process, the WWR sponsors the annual Marine Corps Trials (MCT), an 9-sport athletic competition for active-duty RSMs, wounded, ill, and injured (WII) veterans, and international partner militaries.
3. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to solicit applicants for the 2018 MCT from RSMs not assigned to the WWR.
4. The 2018 MCT will be held aboard Marine Corps Base (MCB) Camp Lejeune, NC, 14 - 25 March 2018. The MCT serves as the primary selection venue for the annual Department of Defense (DOD) Warrior Games (WG), hosted this coming year by the United States Air Force in Colorado Springs, CO, 2 - 9 June 2018.
4a. The MCT features two teams (East and West) consisting of WII active, reserve, and veteran athletes who have served with Marine units. This includes, but is not limited to, RSMs recovering from or adapting to medical impairments such as amputation, spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, post-traumatic stress, visual impairment, or cancer. Injuries do not have to be combat related.
4b. RSMs of all levels of athletic ability are encouraged to register. RSMs not associated with WWR will be assigned to the East or West team based on their geographic location.
4c. The following sports competitions will be offered at the 2018 MCT: shooting (air rifle and pistol), swimming, cycling, wheelchair basketball, sitting volleyball, rowing, archery, track, and field. A wheelchair rugby exhibition will also be featured.
5. RSMs interested in participating shall email email@example.com for more information.
5a. RSMs requesting registration must secure a command endorsement stating the Marine or Sailor will be available to attend.
5b. Registration must contain medical endorsement that is current within six months of the first day of the MCT. The endorsement must state the RSM is physically and mentally capable to participate, while noting any physical limitations. The medical endorsement is available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. This endorsement shall be returned to email@example.com via encrypted email.
5c. All participation requests must be received by WWR NLT 11 January 2018. Contact the WAR-P office at 703-432-1225, or firstname.lastname@example.org, with any issues regarding registration.
5d. Participation requests will be screened and those invited to attend will be notified NLT 22 January 2018.
5e. For those selected by WWR and approved by their parent command to attend, active-duty Temporary Assigned Duty orders will be generated by the local command and funded by WWR. Dates of travel are 14 - 25 March 2018 to MCB Camp Lejeune, NC. Government lodging and meals are directed. Billeting in Americans with Disability Act (ADA)-compliant rooms will be arranged by WWR for those who require it.
6. Questions regarding this MARADMIN should be addressed to the WAR-P office at DSN: 378-1225, COMM: 703-432-1225 or email@example.com.
7. Released authorized by Brigadier General K. W. Stein, Director, Marine and Family Programs Division.//