ANNOUNCEMENT OF BILLET VACANCIES FOR CALENDAR YEAR 2018 SERGEANTS MAJOR SLATE 1-18
Date Signed: 1/10/2018
MARADMINS Number: 023/18
R 101548Z JAN 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/ANNOUNCEMENT OF BILLET VACANCIES FOR CALENDAR YEAR 2018 SERGEANTS MAJOR SLATE 1-18//
REF/A/MSGID: MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC DMCS/271716ZJUN2013//
AMPN/REF IS ALMAR 024-13, SERGEANTS MAJOR SLATING PROCESS.//
POC/R. K. WILLIAMSON/SGTMAJ/MM/-/TEL: DSN 278-9698//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Per the ref, the following billet will be slated:
COMMAND MCC TENTATIVE DATE NOTES
3rd Mar Div S8F March 2018 2a through 2f
2. Due to the unique circumstances involved with slating the above billet, Sergeants Major (SgtsMaj) must meet the following criteria.
2.a. Must have or obtain a minimum of 28 months obligated service before mandatory 30 year retirement date on date of reporting to the announced billet.
2.b. Must have a minimum of 12 months at present unit on date of reporting to the announced billet.
2.c. Must have a minimum of 60 months time in grade on date reporting to the announced billet.
2.d. Must have successfully served in an O-6 level billet for at least 24 months prior to the report date for the announced billet or must have successfully served in a 1-2 star level billet for at least 12 months prior to the report date for the announced billet.
2.e. Must meet height/weight standards and have passed the most recent Physical Fitness Test or Combat Fitness Test.
2.f. Must occupy designated government quarters.
3. All SgtsMaj who meet the slate eligibility requirements listed above must submit an AA form (NAVMC 10274) either requesting consideration or non-consideration. Examples can be found at www.manpower.usmc.mil, Active Marine, Manpower Management, "Documents" tab on the bottom right of the webpage.
4. SgtsMaj who meet the above criteria will be considered for any additional billet vacancies that become available during the conduct of this slate.
5. SgtsMaj requesting consideration should understand that Manpower Management Division (MM Div) will automatically address time on station waivers.
6. Enlisted career force control waivers may be considered.
7. SgtsMaj with concerns that may affect their future slating and assignment decisions must provide a summary via letter, with MSC Commander endorsement, to the MM Div SgtMaj prior to the board convening.
8. Correspondence must arrive at CMC (MM Div) NLT 17 Jan 2018.
9. Questions concerning this slating process should be communicated to the MM Div SgtMaj, DSN 278-9698/COM 703-784-9698.
10. Release authorized by MajGen Robert F. Castellvi, Director, Manpower Management Division.//