FISCAL YEAR 2018 (FY18) ACTIVE RESERVE (AR) CAREER RECRUITER AFFILIATION BONUS
Date Signed: 1/16/2018
MARADMINS Number: 033/18
R 161509Z JAN 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2018 (FY18) ACTIVE RESERVE (AR) CAREER RECRUITER AFFILIATION BONUS//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/U.S.C. TITLE 37//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/CMC/YMD: 20110502//
REF/C/MSGID: MSG/RA/YMD: 20170728//
NARR/REFERENCE (A) IS U.S.C. TITLE 37, CHAPTER 5, SECTION 308C. REFERENCE (B) IS THE RESERVE CAREER RETENTION AND DEVELOPMENT MANUAL. REFERENCE (C) IS MARADMIN 395/17 ACTIVE RESERVE (AR) PROGRAM ENLISTED CAREER FORCE CONTROLS (ECFC)//
POC/S. P. NORTON/MAJ/RA (RAP)/TEL: 703-784-9136/EMAIL: RAP@USMC.MIL//
POC/C. A. HINES/MAJ/MCRC-PSR/TEL: 703-784-9900/EMAIL: CHARLES.HINES@MARINES.USMC.MIL//
POC/A. C. GIBSON/MGYSGT/MCRC-PSR/TEL: 703-784-9868/EMAIL: AARON.GIBSON@MARINES.USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Effective 1 October 2017, this MARADMIN authorizes a 15,000 dollar AR Career Recruiter Affiliation Bonus for new career recruiters affiliated with the AR Program in accordance with references (a) and (b). This incentive will be approved on a first come, first served basis until allocations are exhausted.
2. Eligibility Requirements
a. Must have previously been approved to lateral move (LATMOV) and have a PMOS of 8412 or an IMOS of 8412A reflected in Marine Corps Total Force System (MCTFS).
b. Must meet one of the following:
(1) An AR Staff Sergeant presently serving in a Production Recruiter billet.
(2) An AR Staff Sergeant requesting to return to Prior Service Recruiting after less than a 24-month break from a recruiting tour with no adverse material.
(3) A Staff Sergeant presently serving, or having served in a PSR Extended Active Duty recruiter capacity requesting direct hire to the AR Program with an IMOS of 8412A.
(4) An AR Gunnery Sergeant with a time in grade less than two years by 30 September 2018.
c. Must obtain/have the contractual time in order to fulfill a 36-month service obligation upon the acceptance date of the reenlistment, extension, lateral move (RELM) (also known as the execution date) of the bonus or date current tour began at the unit, whichever is later. The acceptance date (execution date) is the date the Marine signs the Reserve Affairs Personnel Management Branch (RA (RAM)) approved RELM.
d. Must not have any adverse material while on recruiting duty.
e. Must not have been reduced to their current grade except if reduction as a result of reference (c).
f. Not entitled to receive retired or retainer pay.
g. Must fill a valid 8412 Billet Identification Code (BIC) vacancy.
3. Administrative Guidance
a. Eligible Marines must have been approved to LATMOV in FY18 prior to submitting for this incentive.
b. Marines who meet the retention guidelines in reference (b) and the incentive eligibility requirements established in this MARADMIN should submit an incentive request via the Total Force Retention System (TFRS). A signed Statement of Understanding (SOU) must be included as an attachment to the TFRS request.
(1) An SOU can be retrieved by visiting the Manpower and Reserve Affairs website at: https:(slash)(slash)www.manpower.usmc.mil/webcenter/portal/AccessionsRetentionTrainingROCPAdminSupportRAM1/IncentivesBonuses. The SOU is titled “AR CR Bonus SOU”.
(2) A validated SOU will contain the members name and Electronic Data Interchange Personal Identifier (EDIPI), all unit information, BIC information, Intended Military Occupational Specialty (IMOS) and every appropriate initial/signature. If the SOU is missing any required data, it will be returned to the appropriate unit for corrective action.
c. Upon verification of a previously accepted LATMOV in FY18, and required contractual time, RA (RAM) will forward the TFRS request to the Incentives Section for adjudication.
d. Upon approval of the incentive request, RA (RAM) will issue a Bonus Control Number (BCN) and forward the request back to the originator through TFRS.
e. Marines assigned a BCN, who fail to complete Career Recruiter Course (CRC) within the 365 days of approval, forfeit their incentive eligibility.
f. Payment procedure. A lump sum bonus will be paid upon completion of the CRC. The parent command will verify that the obligation remark has been posted in MCTFS. Once verified, the unit will then report the following unit diary entries:
(1) Bonus Program Enlisted For (PEF) code (report prior to bonus payment) use PEF code RC as indicated: TTC 153 001 bonus PEF RC.
(2) The applicable bonus entry is reported with the effective date of the Marines graduation date: TTC 900 003.
g. This bonus is retroactive to include 8412/8412A LATMOVs previously approved in FY18.
4. Retraining. Retraining is required for this incentive. A Marine must be PMOS/IMOS qualified to be eligible. The incentive request must be submitted in TFRS no later than 30 June 2018.
a. Recipients of this incentive will incur a three year obligation from the date of the RELM approval.
b. Recipients must serve three years in the PMOS/IMOS for which the incentive was authorized.
a. Recoupment will occur at the full amount if the Marine:
(1) Fails to complete Career Recruiter Course within the timeline described in paragraph 3e.
(2) Fails to fulfill the service obligation in the 8412/8412A MOS.
(3) Is relieved for cause or for the good of the service.
(4) Transfers to the Selected Marine Corps Reserve, Individual Mobilization Augmentee program or the Individual Ready Reserve.
(5) Augments to the active component.
b. Recoupment will not occur if the Marine is denied further service due to twice failing selection to the next higher grade or disability.
7. The incentive amount is a 15,000 dollar lump sum payment.
8. Recipients of this incentive may not concurrently receive another incentive.
9. This MARADMIN cancels on 30 June 2018 and will not be extended.
10. Release authorized by Colonel J. M. Morrisroe, Director, Reserve Affairs Division, Acting.//