1STLT PROMOTIONS FOR FEBRUARY 2018
Date Signed: 1/17/2018
MARADMINS Number: 036/18
R 172017Z JAN 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/1STLT PROMOTIONS FOR FEBRUARY 2018//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/CMC MMPR-1/YMD: 20060809//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/SECNAV/YMD: 20060328//
REF/D/MSGID: DOC/CMC MMSR/YMD: 20070606//
REF/E/MSGID: DOC/SECNAV/YMD: 19881025//
REF/F/MSGID: DOC/SECNAV/YMD: 20051209//
REF/G/MSGID: DOC/SECNAV/YMD: 20060207//
NARR/REF A IS TITLE 10, U.S.C. REF B IS MCO P1400.31C, MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME 1, OFFICER PROMOTIONS. REF C IS SECNAVINST 1420.1B, PROMOTION, SPECIAL SELECTION, SELECTIVE EARLY RETIREMENT, AND SELECTIVE EARLY REMOVAL BOARDS FOR COMMISSIONED OFFICERS OF THE NAVY AND MARINE CORPS. REF D IS MCO P1900.16F, MARINE CORPS SEPARATION AND RETIREMENT MANUAL. REF E IS SECNAVINST 1120.9A, DESIGNATION OF OFFICERS OF THE REGULAR MARINE CORPS AND MARINE CORPS RESERVE AS MARINE CORPS JUDGE ADVOCATE. REF F IS SECNAVINST 1412.6L, PROMOTION OF OFFICERS TO THE GRADE OF LIEUTENANT (JUNIOR GRADE) IN THE NAVY AND TO THE GRADE OF FIRST LIEUTENANT IN THE MARINE CORPS. REF G IS SECNAVINST 1412.9B, MARINE CORPS LIMITED DUTY OFFICER AND WARRANT OFFICER PROGRAMS, PROMOTIONS, AND CONTINUATION PROCEDURES. REF H IS MARADMIN 277/01, BACCALAUREATE DEGREE REQUIREMENT FOR RESERVE OFFICERS.//
POC/E. D. MAHONEY/MAJ/MMPR-1/TEL: (703)784-9703/EMAIL: EDWARD.D.MAHONEY@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Authority. Refs (a) through (h) regulate all Marine Corps officer promotions. This message is the authority for commanding officers to effect promotions. Per the refs, an officers promotion may not be effected until that officers name appears on a promotion MARADMIN or CMC message. Appropriate commissions will be mailed to parent commands under separate cover. Expect 2-3 weeks for delivery. The commission is not the legal authority to promote and is not required to effect the promotion. For the purposes of conducting a promotion ceremony, sample commissions and the oath of office can be found in chapter 6 of ref (b) or the Officer Promotion Branchs homepage at www.Marines.mil. Under "Marines/Career," click on "Promotions." Click on "Officer Promotions," look under the "Reference" tab on the right side of the page.
2. Under the provisions of ref (f), the Secretary of the Navy, acting for the President of the United States, hereby authorizes the promotion of the following named officers on active duty, as indicated, to the permanent grade of first lieutenant. Rank, pay, and allowances are effective from the date indicated.
Name DOR MCC
Jerad E. McDaniel 02Feb18 K03
Tyler L. Harden 05Feb18 K71
Emile G. Moufarrej 06Feb18 146
Abisaid J. Vasquez 06Feb18 1R1
Nikolas K. Bentley 09Feb18 1NB
Steven P. Dufault, Jr. 12Feb18 K03
Christian J. Egeberg 13Feb18 V32
Andrew T. Johnson 13Feb18 K03
Connor C. Brice 20Feb18 1NA
Robert P. Stevens 20Feb18 K03
Joseph M. Whitehurst 27Feb18 1G8
3. Retirement and Transfer. Officers considering voluntary retirement should review ref (d) for service obligation prior to acceptance of promotion. An officers selection for promotion carries over into the reserve, between AR and SMCR-IRR, and with augmentation into the regular component.
4. Accepting and Declining Promotion. Any regular or reserve officer who is promoted under the refs is considered to have accepted such promotion on the effective date contained in paragraph 2 (for purposes of date of rank, pay, and allowances in the grade to which promoted). To decline a promotion, an officer is required to submit a letter of declination to CMC (MMPR-1) expressly at the time their command notifies them of their promotion and directs that they begin wearing the insignia of the next higher grade. Any statement or action by the officer which signals their acceptance of the promotion, forever waives their right to decline.
5. For Marine officer promotion matters call Comm (703)784-9706 or DSN 278-9706. Email address is OfficerPromotions@usmc.mil.
6. Release authorized by MajGen Robert F. Castellvi, Director, Manpower Management Division.//