2018 EQUAL OPPORTUNITY ADVISORS (EOA) SYMPOSIUM
Date Signed: 1/19/2018
MARADMINS Number: 041/18
R 181240Z JAN 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/2018 EQUAL OPPORTUNITY ADVISORS (EOA) SYMPOSIUM//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/MCO P5354.1DW/CH1//
AMPN/REF A IS THE MARINE CORPS EQUAL OPPORTUNITY MANUAL//
POC/R. E. RAINES/CIV/MPE/TEL: 703-784-9371/ROBERT.RAINES@USMC.MIL//
POC/M. L. CHADWICK/1STLT/MPE/TEL: 703-784-9371/MICHELLE.CHADWICK@USMC.MIL//
POC/M. J. SHEPPARD/CIV/MPE/TEL: 703-432-9371/MARC.SHEPPARD@USMC.MIL//
POC/F. C. MCLAUGHLIN/MGYSGT/MPE/TEL: 703-784-9371/FERMAN.MCLAUGHLIN@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to announce and provide administrative instructions for the 2018 Equal Opportunity Advisors’ Symposium. The symposium will be held at the Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute (DEOMI) aboard Patrick AFB, Florida. Dates of the symposium will be 30 July – 3 August 2018 (Travel dates are 29 July and 4 August).
2. The symposium is part of the continuing education for practicing EOAs who provide advice and guidance to Commanding Generals, Commanders, Supervisors and Managers concerning equal opportunity and readiness issues.
3. The symposium will be amplified through a series of briefs and guided discussions. Attendees may provide a (30) minute presentation on a topic of their choice related to their issues and concerns. Presentations will be reviewed for content by MPE prior to the conference. Additional agenda items will be sent via separate correspondence.
4. All actively serving EOAs are highly encouraged to attend. Command Equal Opportunity Managers (CEOM) and Equal Opportunity Representatives (EOR) must provide justification to MPE and receive approval to attend, as seating is limited to 50 personnel.
5. Attending individuals are responsible for their own travel arrangements.
6. Funding is the responsibility of the parent command.
7. Uniform for the symposium is woodland MARPAT combat utility uniform.
8. For additional questions or guidance please contact the POCs listed in this MARADMIN.
9. Release authorized by Brigadier General S. F. Benedict, Director, Manpower Plans and Policy Division.//