USMC OFFICER/ENLISTED PROMOTION BOARDS UPDATE MATERIAL SUBMISSION GUIDANCE
Date Signed: 2/6/2018
MARADMINS Number: 077/18
R 052215Z FEB 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/USMC OFFICER/ENLISTED PROMOTION BOARDS UPDATE MATERIAL SUBMISSION GUIDANCE//
AMP/REF A IS THE NATIONAL DEFENSE AUTHORIZATION ACT FOR FISCAL YEAR 2018 CONFERENCE REPORT SIGNED INTO LAW ON 12 DECEMBER 2017//
POC 1/EDWARD D. MAHONEY/HD/MMPR-1/-/TEL: (703)784-9703/E-MAIL: EDWARD.D.MAHONEY@USMC.MIL.//
POC 2/CRISTINA R. UPTON/HD/MMPR-2/-/TEL: (703)784-9718/E-MAIL: CHRISTINA.UPTON@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN provides information and guidance for the submission of update material to all officer and enlisted selection boards. Per reference (a), Chapter 36, subchapter I, section 614(b) of USC 10 has been amended to read as follows: "An officer eligible for consideration by a selection board convened under section 611(a) of this title may send a written communication to the board, to arrive not later than 10 calendar days before the date the board convenes."
2. Officer Promotions Section will affect this change beginning with the FY19 U.S. Marine Corps CWO Promotion Selection Board.
3. Enlisted Promotions Section will affect this change beginning with the FY19 Sergeant Major through Master Sergeant Selection Board. The Enlisted Promotion Section will adhere to this policy change to promote continuity.
4. This change will continue to remain in affect for all future officer and enlisted promotion selection boards.
5. Please direct officer promotion questions to Point of Contact (POC) 1 and enlisted promotion questions to POC 2.
6. This MARADMIN will be posted to the Promotion Branch web site.
7. Release authorized by MajGen Robert F. Castellvi, Director, Manpower Management Division.//