CALLING MESSAGE FOR THE MANPOWER, PERSONNEL, AND ADMINISTRATION (MPA) SYMPOSIUM
Date Signed: 2/6/2018
MARADMINS Number: 080/18
R 061714Z FEB 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MI//
SUBJ/CALLING MESSAGE FOR THE MANPOWER, PERSONNEL, AND ADMINISTRATION (MPA) SYMPOSIUM//
REF/A/LTR/DIRECTOR, MARINE CORPS STAFF LTR SER 5050 OF 20 NOVEMBER 2017//
POC/DONALD, JOE/LTCOL/MRA, MIA/TEL: 703-432-9551/EMAIL: JOSEPH.DONALDAT@USMC.MIL//
POC/DOLBY, ALLISON/CAPT/MRA, MIA/TEL: 703-432-9809/EMAIL: ALLISON.DOLBYAT@USMC.MIL//
POC/NEWELL, SCOTT/CWO5/MRA, MIA/TEL: 703-432-9316/EMAIL: SCOTT.M.NEWELLAT@USMC.MIL//
POC/BOSWELL, STACEY/MGYSGT/MRA, MIA/TEL: 703-432-9314/EMAIL: STACEY.BOSWELLAT@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. This message announces the convening of the Manpower, Personnel, and Administration Symposium from 12 to 16 March 2018 at Quantico, Virginia.
2. Background. The MPA Symposium, chaired by the Assistant Deputy Commandant, Manpower and Reserve Affairs (ADC, MRA), provides senior administrators an opportunity to discuss current and future initiatives, address emergent issues, and shape equities across manpower, personnel, and administration functions. A primary goal of this forum is to increase communication between MRA and the MPA community supporting all elements of the MAGTF and SE.
3. Intent. The theme of this symposium is "Manpower, Personnel, and Administration for 2025 and Beyond" and will consist of a series of leveling briefs and guided discussions designed to provide a common sight picture and vision. Additionally, these leveling briefs and discussions will inform community leadership regarding initiatives in the areas of structure, manning and staffing of the OccFld, training & education deficiencies, and doctrine development. Emphasis on daily breakout groups will facilitate subject matter expert (SME) discussion and COA development.
4. Method. The Director, MI Division will serve as the symposium facilitator. In order to reduce costs associated with the conference, and to ensure compliance with the ref, the list of invited attendees is limited. A list of invited personnel will be provided via SEPCOR. Request each command confirm attendance via email to the MRA POCs listed above NLT Wednesday 14 February 2018. Requests for additional attendees will be coordinated through the POCs on a case by case basis.
5. End State. The MPA Advocacy Branch (MPA AB) will publish a summary of the symposium proceedings upon completion. As directed, MPA AB will consolidate any relevant information related to symposium decisions, recommendations, or required follow-up.
6. Administration and Logistics. This event will span 5 days, from Monday 12 March to Friday 16 March. Sunday 11 March and Saturday 17 March are considered travel days. A tentative schedule of events, to include topics for leveling briefs, guided discussions, and breakout groups, as well as exact event location aboard Quantico, will be provided NLT Thursday 15 February 2018.
6.a. Uniform for the symposium is woodland pattern camouflage utilities for service members and business casual for civilian attendees.
6.b. Overnight Accommodations. It is highly encouraged that Attendees make reservations at government facilities at the lowest possible rate. Funding and scheduling is the responsibility of individual command.
7. Release authorized by LtGen M.A. Rocco, Deputy Commandant For Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//