HQMC SEMPER FIT SEEKS APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2018 ALL-MARINE MENS AND WOMENS TRIATHLON TEAMS
Date Signed: 2/9/2018
MARADMINS Number: 095/18
R 091344Z FEB 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MF//
SUBJ/HQMC SEMPER FIT SEEKS APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2018 ALL-MARINE MENS AND WOMENS TRIATHLON TEAMS//
POC/B. SOSCIA/CAPT/MFS/-/TEL: 703-432-0732/TEL: DSN 278-0732/TEL: FAX 703-784-4125/EMAIL: BRIAN.SOSCIA@USMC-MCCS.ORG//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. HQMC Semper Fit is seeking applications from Marines interested in participating on the 2018 All-Marine Mens and Womens Triathlon Teams. The All-Marine Mens and Womens Triathlon Teams consist of seven men, two men masters (40 years old and over), five women, and two women masters (35 years old and over) will be chosen by application to compete at the Armed Forces Triathlon Championship 6 - 10 June 2018 at NB Ventura County, CA. The Armed Forces Triathlon Championship format is a draft-legal Olympic distance race consisting of a 1500m swim, 40k bike, and 10k run. Marines selected to participate on the Armed Forces Triathlon team will be eligible to compete at the Conseil International du Sport Militaire (CISM) Championship 11-18 June 2018 in Lidkoping, Sweden.
2. Interested Marines must submit an online application to HQMC MFS NLT 13 April 2018. The All-Marine online application system can be accessed from www.usmc-mccs.org/services/fitness/all-marine-sports. Marines must create an account before accessing the application system. Applications must contain command endorsement, and must include all competition results from the past two years (time, place finish, and event name). Team selections will be based on the most competitive/recent race times relevant to the Olympic distance triathlon. For any technical issues with the All-Marine online application system please contact POC.
3. If selected, Marines will be required to have a valid Government Travel Charge Card (GTCC), and an active Defense Travel System (DTS) account.
4. This is applicable to the total force.
5. This message is cancelled on 11 June 2018.
6. Release authorized by BGen K. W. Stein, Director, Marine and Family Programs Division.//