FY18 MANPOWER MANAGEMENT RECORDS AND PERFORMANCE BRANCH (MMRP) AND PROMOTIONS BRANCH (MMPR) (NEW ORLEANS & PENSACOLA) COMMAND VISIT SCHEDULE
Date Signed: 2/16/2018
MARADMINS Number: 108/18
R 161131Z FEB 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FY18 MANPOWER MANAGEMENT RECORDS AND PERFORMANCE BRANCH (MMRP) AND PROMOTIONS BRANCH (MMPR) (NEW ORLEANS & PENSACOLA) COMMAND VISIT SCHEDULE//
POC/1/DOWN, D. M./LTCOL/MMRP//DSN: 278/703-784-3993/EMAIL: DANIEL.DOWD@USMC.MIL//
POC/2/VOLPP, GERALD L./MGYSGT/MMRP/DSN: 278/703-784-0540/EMAIL: GERALD.VOLPP@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. In response to requests from the operating force commands and to address the educational shortfall of the Marine Corps performance evaluation and promotion processes, MMRP and MMPR will conduct the New Orleans, LA and Pensacola, FL Roadshow in order to provide a comprehensive summary of the evaluation and promotion processes.
2. On 21 February and 23 February 2018, MMRP and MMPR will execute the NOLA/PCOLA Roadshow at designated locations to conduct a series of briefs, in order to equip Marines Reported On (MRO), Reporting Seniors (RS), Reviewing Officers (RO), and Senior Enlisted and Officer unit leadership with the knowledge to better understand the evaluation and promotion processes.
3. MMRP and MMPR personnel will conduct briefs per the following
3.a. Marine Corps Support Facility, New Orleans, Louisiana
Base Date Location
Joseph J. McCarthy Building 21 Feb Command Briefing Auditorium,
3.b. Pensacola, Florida
Base Date Location
NAS Whiting Airfield 23 Feb Training Wing 5
3.c. The following schedule will be conducted at each location as followed:
Morning, Part 1 Target Audience: E5-E7, and O1-O3
0800-0825 Enlisted Promotions Maj Upton
0825-0845 PES Introduction/Basics LtCol Dowd/CWO3 Tassin
0845-0915 Master Brief Sheet LtCol Dowd/CWO3 Tassin
0915-0930 Corrections types and process LtCol Dowd/CWO3 Tassin
0930-0950 Enlisted Counseling MGySgt Volpp
Morning Part 2, Target Audience: Senior Enlisted Advisor, and ALL OFFICERS
1000-1100 RS/RO Deep Dive LtCol Dowd/CWO3 Tassin
1100-1130 Promotion Trends Maj Mahoney/Maj Upton
1130-1150 Officer counseling Maj Parker
1200-1300 lunch break
Afternoon, Target Audience: Senior Enlisted Advisor, O5 and above, and Commanders.
1300-1350 Combined Executive Session
4. Administration and Logistics
4.a. Administration. Reporting officials should come equipped with the RS Average and RS High numbers for each of their profiles. RS profile information can be obtained through the "RSRO" tab in your OMPF, which can be accessed via the "OMPF" tab in MOL.
4.b. Facilities. Each location needs to provide access to a projector, projector screen, and microphone, as well as appropriate support staff to assist with setup. All logistical support for each roadshow location should be coordinated with POC 2 listed above.
5. Command and Signal. Maximum participation and support from all levels of command is essential.
6. Release authorized by MajGen Robert F. Castellvi, Director, Manpower Management Division.//