ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE SCHEDULE AND SOLICITATION FOR THE CY18 FEDEX EXPRESS GLOBAL LOGISTICS OPERATIONS SUMMIT
Date Signed: 2/21/2018
MARADMINS Number: 114/18
R 211923Z FEB 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC L LP WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE SCHEDULE AND SOLICITATION FOR THE CY18 FEDEX EXPRESS GLOBAL LOGISTICS OPERATIONS SUMMIT//
POC/N.VERTA/MAJ/FEDEX EXPRESS WORLD HEADQUARTERS, CMC FELLOW/NICHOLAS.VERTA@USMC.MIL/NICHOLAS.VERTA.OSV@FEDEX.COM/TEL: 901-434-2407//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This message announces the schedule and solicitation for the CY18 Federal Express (FEDEX) Express Global Logistics Summit (GLOS) hosted by FEDEX from 17 to 20 April 2018.
2. Background. The Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC) Fellow at FEDEX in coordination with FEDEX Express and DC I and L, has arranged a two-day summit at the FEDEX World Headquarters located at 3610 Hacks Cross Rd, Memphis, TN 38125. FEDEXs theme this year is Readiness. The purpose of this summit is to familiarize Marine Combat Service Support Personnel with the agile nature of FEDEX logistics and supply chain operations. Participants will gain an increased situational awareness of the FEDEX-USMC partnership and a deeper understanding of FEDEX logistics operations and capabilities in support of the Department of Defense. The summit will expose Marines to state of the art logistics capabilities. The events and presentation topics include, but are not limited to, FEDEX Express logistics operation exhibits, capacity, innovation, supply chain operations, and distribution management.
3. The target audience requirements are:
3.a. Enlisted: Staff Sergeant (E-6) to Master Gunnery Sergeant (E-9).
3.b. Civilian: Government Service (GS-9) to Senior Executive Service (SES) employees.
3.c. Officers: First Lieutenants (O-2) to General (O-10), and all Warrant Officers.
3.d. Personnel who represent field of expertise in Logistics Operations, Supply Chain Management, Distribution Management, and Embarkation.
3.e. Personnel that will fully participate in all summit days and events with a vested interest.
4. Summit Participation is not first-come, first-serve. Participant selection will focus on ensuring appropriate representation of experienced personnel from across the Marine Corps. Priority/Special consideration will be given to nominees representing organizations who may routinely interact with FEDEX (e.g. SMUs, MEUs, DMOs, MARCORLOGCOM, MC Blount Island Command, MCLB Barstow /Albany, I/II/III MEF, 1st/2d/3d MARDIV, 1st/2d/3d MAW, 1st/2d/3d MLG, and MARFORPAC/COM/EUR/AF/CENT/SOC).
5. Agenda 17 to 20 April 2018.
17 April – Travel Day.
18 April – Day 1, Overview Presentations.
19 April – Day 2, Immersed-experience site visits and FEDEX Hub tour.
20 April – Travel Day.
6. Detailed Schedule: Day 1, Overview Presentations.
0800-0830: (Start Summit) Movement from lodging to FEDEX World
0830-0850: Opening Remarks (Introductions)
0850-0915: History of FEDEX and the U. S. Marine Corps
0915-1015: FEDEX Global Operations Overview
1030-1130: Regional Manager’s Presentation – Theater Operations in
the Middle East, Pacific and Europe.
1130-1230: Charter Services, Civil Reserve Air Fleet (CRAF)/Black
1230-1400: Lunch (at FEDEX HQ Cafeteria, unfunded)
1400-1530: Innovation – Autonomous Vehicles, Exoskeleton, Container
Load Analysis, and 3-D Printing
1545-1630: Sourcing and Procurement Strategy and Education
1630-1700: Aircraft Maintenance Technology Enhanced Training
1700-1730: Closing Remarks (Hot Wash)
1730: End Day 1/Administrative/Dinner (unfunded)
1730-1800: Movement from FEDEX HQ to lodging
7. Detailed Schedule: Day 2, Immersed-experience site visits and FEDEX Hub tour.
0830-0930: Movement from lodging to FEDEX Experience Center
0930-1000: Global Line Haul Planning
1000-1130: Global Operations Control Center (GOCC)
1130-1300: Lunch (at GOCC Cafeteria, unfunded)
1300-1430: Maintenance Operations Control (MOC) and Aircraft on
1430-1445: Movement to AOG Supply
1445-1500: SENSEAWARE Technology in the Global Supply Chain
1500-1600: Supply Warehouse Automation
1600-1630: Hot Wash
1630-1700: Movement from GOCC to lodging
2130-2200: Movement to FEDEX Hub Tour
2200-0030: Closing Remarks/FEDEX Hub Tour
0030-0100: Movement from FEDEX Hub Tour to Lodging (End Summit)
8. The Summit participation capacity is limited to fifty (50) personnel. All Summit-associated costs and travel are Unit-funded. Participant's commands are responsible for funding and travel details of their Marines/Civilian members.
9. Transportation to and from the airport on Travel Days is not provided. FEDEX will provide transportation for Summit attendees between the recommended lodging facilities and FEDEX facilities in direct support of Summit events.
9.a. The recommended lodging facilities are:
9.a.1. Homewood Suites by Hilton, Southwind-Hacks Cross at 3583 Hacks Cross Rd, Memphis, TN 38125/901-758-5018
9.a.2. Hampton Inn Memphis-Southwind at 3579 Hacks Cross Rd, Memphis, TN 38125/901-754-8454.
9.b. Summit attire for all participants is Business Casual, no Military Uniforms.
9.c. Any additional coordination will be conducted via POCs listed.
10. Additional POCs.
10.a. FEDEX Services POC/T. Carpenter/DOD World-Wide Account Manager/TTCARPENTER@FEDEX.COM/949-929-2839.
10.b.1. I and L, LP Primary POC/R. Thomas/Maj/REGINALD.E.THOMAS2@USMC.MIL/571-256-7132.
10.b.2. I and L, LP Secondary POC/A. McDermott/MGySgt/ADAM.MCDERMOTT@USMC.MIL/571-256-2760.
11. Commands are responsible for ensuring their nominees are submitted via the following website: https:(slash)(slash)einvitations.afit.edu/inv/anim.cfm?i=380981&k=016942007356
12. Timeline. No later than 5 March 2018: Provide all requested information in the electronic nomination form and complete all submissions. No later than 10 March 2018: selected nominees will be notified by a listed POC via the military email address provided in the nomination form. No later than 15 March 2018: once the selected nominee has been notified, Commands will confirm that the selected nominee is available or unavailable to attend the Summit. 17-20 April 2018: the 2018 USMC-FEDEX Express GLOS is conducted.
13. Release authorized by BGen (Sel) K. D. Reventlow, Assistant Deputy Commandant, Installations and Logistics (LP).//