FY18-01 TEST PILOT SCHOOL (TPS) SELECTION BOARD RESULTS
Date Signed: 2/22/2018
MARADMINS Number: 118/18
R 221756Z FEB 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FY18-01 TEST PILOT SCHOOL (TPS) SELECTION BOARD RESULTS//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/CMC WASHINGTON DC/YMD: 20160531//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/CMC WASHINGTON DC/YMD: 20140918//
REF/C/MSGID: MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC MM/DTG: 020840Z NOV 17//
NARR/REF A IS MCO 1542.3C, UNITED STATES NAVY TEST PILOT SCHOOLS. REF B IS MCO 1300.8, MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENT POLICY. REF C IS THE FY18-01 TPS SELECTION BOARD ANNOUNCEMENT.//
POC/M.AMSPACHER/LTCOL/XO/MAD PATUXENT RIVER/TEL: (301) 342-1421, DSN 342-1421, E-MAIL: MARK.AMSPACHER@NAVY.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The FY18-01 TPS selection board convened on 17 January 2018 aboard NAS Patuxent River in accordance with the references.
2. The FY18-01 TPS primary selections for assignment to the U.S. Naval TPS are as follows:
Rank Name MOS Selected for
Capt Grimes, Jason 7565 NTPS 156, AH-1 HX-21/NAS Pax River
Capt Recker, Matthew 7566 NTPS 156, CH-53 HX-21/NAS Pax River
Capt Jones, Michael 7523 NTPS 156, F/A-18 VX-23/NAS Pax River
Capt Davin, Joseph 7315 NTPS 156, UAS UASTD/NAS Pax River
Maj Min, Andrew 7525 NTPS 156, F/A-18 VX-31/NAS China Lake
Capt Anderson, Hugh 7523 NTPS 156, F-35 461st/Edwards AFB
3. The FY18-01 TPS alternate selections for assignment to the U.S. Naval TPS are as follows:
Rank Name MOS Alternate for
Capt Curry, Preston 7565 AH-1 HX-21/NAS Pax River
Capt Kanode, Kyle 7566 CH-53 HX-21/NAS Pax River
Maj Jindrich, Richard 7523 F/A-18 VX-23/NAS Pax River
Capt Blake, Jordan 7588 UAS UASTD/NAS Pax River
Capt Jewitt, Daniel 7525 F/A-18 VX-31/NAS China Lake
Capt Taylor, Devin 7509 F-35 461st/Edwards AFB
4. Officers selected should contact their monitor stating acceptance for school assignment orders within two weeks of the release of this message.
5. The quantity and type, model, series(T/M/S)requirement for pilot, NFO and UAS selectees is based upon anticipated testing requirements for aircraft procurement programs up to two years in advance. Because testing requirements change, the quantity and T/M/S to be selected can and do change up to the date of the board. For this reason, all interested pilots and NFOs were encouraged to submit packages. Officers who submitted packages but were not selected and desire to be considered on future boards are required to re-submit their application, including online applications, all required enclosures, and command endorsements.
6. For additional information, contact Maj Northam, XO, Marine Aviation Detachment, Patuxent River, MD at comm (301)342-1421 or DSN 342-1421 or via email at email@example.com.
7. This MARADMIN is not applicable to the Marine Corps reserve.
8. Release authorized by MajGen Robert F. Castellvi, Director, Manpower Management Division.//