FISCAL YEAR 2019-2023 TRAINING INPUT PLAN REQUIREMENTS WORKING GROUP FINAL GUIDANCE
Date Signed: 2/23/2018
MARADMINS Number: 124/18
R 231439Z FEB 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG MCCDC QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2019-2023 TRAINING INPUT PLAN REQUIREMENTS WORKING GROUP FINAL GUIDANCE//
NARR/REF(A)IS MCO 1553.1B THE MARINE CORPS TRAINING AND EDUCATION SYSTEM. REF(B)IS MCO 1553.2C MARINE CORPS FORMAL SCHOOL MANGEMENT POLICY. REF(C)IS NAVMC 1553.2 MARINE CORPS FORMAL SCHOOL MANAGEMENT POLICY GUIDANCE. REF (D) IS MCO 5311.1E TOTAL FORCE STRUCTURE PROCESS.//
POC/D. R. JEFFRIES/MAJ/UNIT: TECOM/TEL: (703) 432-0071/TEL: DSN 378-0071//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Commanding General(CG), Training and Education Command(TECOM)sponsors the annual Training Input Plan(TIP)Requirements Working Group(WG), and the TECOM Formal School Quota Requirements Management Branch (FSQRMB) Marine Air-Ground Task Force Training and Education Standards Division acts as the CGs agent to conduct the TIP Requirements WG. The Fiscal Year (FY) 2019 through 2023 TIP Requirements WG will be conducted from Tuesday, 6 March 2018 through Thursday, 8 March 2018 aboard Marine Corps Base, (MCB) Quantico, Virginia. This message provides final WG guidance, as well as guidance for sponsors submission of formal school training requirements in preparation for the TIP Requirements WG.
2.a. Per references(A)and(B), FSQRMB annually solicits formal school training quota requirements from formal school requirement sponsors (Manpower and Reserve Affairs(MRA), Marine Corps Recruiting Command(MCRC), Marine Corps Combat Development Command, occupational field managers as defined in reference (D), Marine Forces commanders, and Marine Corps Installations Command (MCICOM)). This information is compiled into the TIP, disseminated, and used as a planning tool for those activities required to plan, program, resource, and schedule training capacity to meet the Marine Corps formal school training requirements. FSQRMB requests sponsors submit their training requirements two months prior to the TIP Requirements WG. The purpose of the early submission is to provide sufficient time for FSQRMB to conduct requirement validation analysis prior to the WG meeting and to use the WG meeting as the vehicle for finalizing requirements, rather than as the vehicle for gathering them.
2.b. While the following list of formal school requirement sponsors is not all inclusive, it captures the major Marine Corps requirement sponsor organizations with requirements submitted for the FY 2018 through FY 2022 TIP (read in one column):
Commandant of the Marine Corps:
Headquarters Marine Corps Safety Division
Deputy Commandant (DC) for Aviation:
Aviation Expeditionary Enablers Branch
Aviation Logistics and Support Branch
Aviation Manpower and Support Branch
DC for Information:
Director of Intelligence
Director of Command, Control, Communications and Computers
Communications Information Systems
DC for Installations and Logistics:
Director, Contracts Division
Logistics Policy and Capabilities Branch
Logistics Distribution Policy Branch
Engineer and Explosive Ordnance Disposal Advocacy Branch
DC for M&RA:
Manpower Information Operations Branch
Manpower Management Officer Assignments
Plans, Programs and Boards Section
Equal Opportunity and Diversity Management Branch
Manpower Plans, Programs and Budget Branch(MPP)
Personnel Affairs Management(RAM)
Reserve Affairs Policy(RAP)
DC for Plans, Policies and Operations:
Marine Corps Information Operations Center
Information Operations and Space Integration Branch
Ground Combat Element Branch
Special Operations Directorate Branch(PO-SOD)
Law Enforcement, Investigations and Corrections Branch
Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and High-Yield
Explosive Defense Section
DC for Programs and Resources
Director of the Office of U.S. Marine Corps Communication:
Communication Strategy and Operations
Staff Judge Advocate of the Commandant:
Legal Administration Officer of the Marine Corps
Legal Services Chief of the Marine Corps
Judge Advocate Support Branch
CG, Education Command(C40)
CG, Marine Air-Ground Task Force Training Center:
Marine Corps Logistics Operations Group
Marine Corps Tactical Operations Group
Mountain Warfare Training Center
CG, Marine Forces Command(MARFORCOM):
Marine Corps Security Cooperation Group
CG, Marine Forces Cyberspace(MARFORCYBER)
CG, Marine Forces Pacific(MARFORPAC)
CG, Marine Forces Reserve(MARFORRES)
CG, Marine Special Operations Command(MARSOC)
CG, Marine Corps Logistics Command
Marine Corp Recruiting Command-Officer Programs
Range Training Area Management(C465)
Command and Control Training and Education Center of Excellence
CG, Training Command:
Weapons Training Battalion(C476)
Training Command G-3 Aviation Production Section(C47G3A)
Commander, Marine Corps Systems Command
2.c. Based on historic training requirement submission trends, FSQRMB anticipates these sponsors will submit requirements for the FY 2019 through FY 2023 TIP. Requirement sponsors who do not submit FY 2019 through FY 2023 TIP requirements will not have their requirements published in the FY 2019 through FY 2023 TIP, resulting in FY 2019 course quotas not being allocated to their sponsor codes during the FY 2019 class schedule approval and posting process.
3. WG objectives.
3.a. To the greatest extent possible, finalize FY 2019 formal training requirements by military occupational specialty(MOS), sponsor, and student type. Where finalization is not possible before WG adjournment, gather, and validate FY 2019 formal course quota requirements.
3.b. Confirm recognized sponsors formal training requirements by MOS, sponsor, and student type for FY 2020 through 2023.
3.c. Provide face-to-face liaison and coordination amongst FSQRMB, requirement sponsors, operating forces, schoolhouses, and other WG participants.
4. Action. In preparation for the TIP Requirements WG, formal school requirement sponsors shall submit requirements per the following guidance.
4.a. For all requirement sponsors, except active and reserve component entry level officer and enlisted and enlisted lateral move requirement sponsors(MPP, RAP, and RAM), submissions for best estimate FY 2019 through FY 2023 requirements for courses with an active course identifier (CID) in Marine Corps Training InformationSystem (MCTIMS) Student Registrar were due to FSQRMB no later than (NLT) 12 January 2018 per MARADMIN 590/17, paragraph 4.a.
4.b. For active and reserve component entry level officer and enlisted and enlisted lateral move requirement sponsors (MPP, RAP, and RAM), submit FY 2019 through FY 2023 training requirements by MOS or by CID with active CIDs in MCTIMS Student Registrar to FSQRMB NLT 23 February 2018. Sponsors shall make their requirement submissions using the Sponsor TIP Tool in the MCTIMS Student Registrar module. The Sponsor TIP Tool Users Guide is available at the FSQRMB public website under “TIP Working Group Files” at: https:(slash)(slash)vcepub.tecom.usmc.mil/sites/directorates/mtesd/fs/default.aspx. To access this SharePoint site you must use your common access card Department of Defense e-mail certificate. Furthermore, sponsors may contact FSQRMB at tecomtqmrequests(at)usmc.mil to request additional guidance on the use of the Sponsor TIP Tool or for advice or referral on requirement planning.
5. Post-submission actions. FSQRMB will review submitted requirements and provided justifications and compare them to MCTIMS Student Registrar FY 2015 through FY 2017 usage data and corresponding data provided by the other services training management systems. Based on review of ongoing performance, FSQRMB will contact sponsors of requirements in order to refine the requirements prior to the FY 2019 through FY 2023 TIP being published. The objective is to confirm requirement validity to the greatest extent possible prior to the TIP requirements WG convening. This will minimize the need to adjudicate requirement validity during the conduct of the WG and afterward.
6. More information on FSQRMB and TIP development can be found at the FSQRMB common access website: https://vcepub.tecom.usmc.mil/sites/directorates/mtesd/fs/default.aspx.
7. Conduct of the WG. The WG is scheduled from 0800 to 1630 each day, but the schedule might extend beyond 1630 to accomplish necessary business. Sponsors should plan to be present at the start of their designated day because the amount of time needed to review and finalize requirements for each sponsor will vary. The following sponsor requirements review sequence is planned for each day, any adjustments to this sequence will be announced when the WG convenes on 6 March 2018:
7.a. Sponsors covered in the large conference room(read in three columns):
6 MARCH(TUE) 7 MARCH(WED) 8 MARCH(THU)
MCSCG PO SOD MAKE-UP DAY
7.b. The following requirements sponsors FY 2019 through FY 2023 TIP inputs will be verified via e-mail prior to the FY 2019 through FY 2023 WG convening and will not be reviewed during the course of the WG. There is no requirement for these sponsors to attend the FY 2019 through FY 2023 TIP WG.
8. Airborne (CID code: A030CG1). Airborne course requirements will not be addressed and quota requirements will not be accepted during the WG. All sponsor requirements for Airborne (CID code: A030CG1) were due 12 January 2018, with the exception of MPP-20 0EE and RAP 2E requirements for MOS 0451, and will be adjudicated and finalized before the WG convenes on 6 March 2018. Submitted requirements will be validated based on approved Total Force Structure Management System billets with billet MOS or N-coded additional skill MOS requiring airborne training.
9. Admin. The FY 2019 through FY 2023 TIP WG will be held on the second floor of the LSI building, 301 Potomac Ave., Quantico, VA 22134. Billeting reservations can be made aboard Marine Corps Base Quantico at the Crossroads Inn, (703) 630-4444, or Liversedge Hall, (703) 784-3149, however no block reservation has been established with either facility. Detailed directions to LSI, a base closure plan, updated sponsor sequence, and any changes to this final guidance will be released via e-mail to all contacts FSQRMB has on file on or around 20 February 2018. The planned WG uniform is woodland Marine pattern utilities.
10. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Robert S. Walsh, Commanding General, Marine Corps Combat Development Command.//