MARADMINS : 128/18
R 271318Z FEB 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/CHANGES TO AVIATION INCENTIVE PAY PROGRAM//
NARR/REF(A)IS SECRETARY OF THE NAVY INSTRUCTION 7220.88, AVIATION INCENTIVE PAYS AND BONUS PROGRAM//
POC/C. RATEIKE/MAJ/CMC MPP-30/-/TEL: 703-784-9366//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Aviation Incentive Pay (AvIP), formerly Aviation Career Incentive Pay (ACIP), is a pay for the frequent and regular performance of operational or proficiency flying duty authorized per reference(a)and intended to attract and retain both Active and Reserve Component officers in a military aviation career.
2. As authorized in reference (a), the Marine Corps is establishing the following AvIP monthly rates, based on Years of Aviation Service(YAS), effective March 1, 2018.
YAS Monthly Rate
2 or Less 125
Over 2 156
Over 3 188
Over 4 206
Over 6 650
Over 8 800
Over 10 1000
Over 17 840
Over 22 585
Over 23 495
Over 24 385
Over 25 250
3. Active Component and Active Reserve Marines will receive the rate increase beginning the March 15th payday. Reserve Component Marines will receive the rate increase beginning with paid periods of Annual Training, Inactive Duty Training, or Drills that occur on or after March 1, 2018.
4. The flight gate requirements remain unchanged. Reference(a)contains the AvIP requirements and eligibility criteria.
5. This MARADMIN is applicable to both the Active and Reserve Components.
6. Release authorized by LtGen M. A. Rocco, Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//