NOMINATIONS FOR ASSIGNMENT AS DRILL MASTER MARINE BARRACKS WASHINGTON
Date Signed: 3/9/2018
MARADMINS Number: 149/18
R 091606Z MAR 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC DMCS//
SUBJ/NOMINATIONS FOR ASSIGNMENT AS DRILL MASTER MARINE BARRACKS WASHINGTON//
REF/A/MSGID:DOC/CMC WASHINGTON DC MPO/18SEP2014//
REF/B/MSGID:DOC/CMC WASHINGTON DC C06/05MAY2003//
NARR/REF A IS MCO 1300.8, MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENT POLICY. REF B IS MCO P5060.20, MARINE CORPS DRILL AND CEREMONIES MANUAL.//
POC/M. R. HACKETT/SGTMAJ/UNIT: MBW/-/TEL:202-433-4891/TEL: DSN 288-4891//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This message solicits nominations for assignment as Drill Master, Marine Barracks Washington (MBW), D.C.
2. The Drill Master supervises the maintenance of ceremonial excellence for the Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC). The Drill Master is a special staff member to the Commanding Officer, MBW, and is responsible for the ceremonial conduct of all funerals and memorial ceremonies in the National Capital Region (NCR), dignified transfer at Dover Air Force Base, and all other Marine Corps ceremonial commitments throughout the NCR. The Drill Master supervises the Marine Corps Color Sergeant and Color Guard activities, full honor arrivals, joint ceremonies for wreath laying's, street parades, Marine Corps birthday and cake cutting events, Presidential cordons, sunset and evening parades, and other various ceremonial duties in highly visible federal venues. The Drill Master also serves as the ceremonies coordinator who teaches and supervises drill instruction to barracks personnel, maintains the barracks order on drill and ceremonies, and briefs the CMC, Assistant Commandant, Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps, and various General Officers involved in NCR events.
3. Eligibility. Marines considered for this assignment must be volunteers and meet the following basic criteria.
3.a. Hold the grade of, or be selected for promotion to, Gunnery Sergeant or Master Sergeant. First Sergeants and Sergeants Major are not eligible.
3.b. Must be at least a high school graduate with a minimum GT score of 105. The GT score is waiverable with demonstrated academic ability such as off-duty education, superior performance in professional military education courses etc.
3.c. Possess unquestionable moral character, superlative leadership, exceptional organizational skills and the capacity to serve as an uncompromising example for others to emulate.
3.d. Be within height and weight standards and possess outstanding physical stamina and personal appearance.
3.e. Per reference (a), Marines must extend or reenlist to meet a minimum 36 months of obligated service. Assignment of orders will reflect a 36-month assignment.
3.f. Per reference (b), Marines must have a comprehensive understanding of Marine Corps drill and ceremonies.
4. Nominations. Request Commanders screen qualified volunteers and submit nomination packages to arrive at MBW no later than 1 June 2018 for screening selection.
4.a. Nominations are to include the Commander's (O6 Level endorsed) letter of recommendation with the following enclosures: Basic individual Record/Basic Training Record/Pages 11, 12 and 13 of official military personnel file. Official promotion photograph taken within the past 6 months, master brief sheet, latest fitness report, professional resume, biography, and special duty I-I checklist w/financial worksheet. Digital photos must be electronically filed in the Marine's military personnel file.
4.b. Nominees must attend a three day selection process at MBW in July 2018.
4.c. Travel to MBW is the responsibility of the parent command.
4.d. Send nomination packages electronically to email@example.com or to the following address:
MARINE BARRACKS WASHINGTON (ATTN: BARRACKS SGTMAJ)
8TH AND I STREETS, SE
WASHINGTON, DC 20390-5000
5. The Marine selected for assignment as the Drill Master will attend a three week ceremonial drill school, hosting and docent classes located at MBW upon permanent change of station and arrival to MBW.
6. Release authorized by Major General F. M. Padilla, Staff Director, Headquarters Marine Corps.//