FISCAL YEAR 2018 1095 ALLOCATIONS AND PROJECTED FISCAL YEAR 2019 ALLOCATIONS
Date Signed: 3/9/2018
MARADMINS Number: 151/18
R 091245Z MAR 18
MSGID/GENADMIN CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2018 1095 ALLOCATIONS AND PROJECTED FISCAL YEAR 2019 ALLOCATIONS//
NARR/REF A IS DC MRA FY18 MANPOWER ACCESSION AND RETENTION PLAN, MEMO-01. REF B IS DC MRA FY17 MANPOWER ACCESSION AND RETENTION PLAN, MEMO-01.//
POC/MCCARROLL, M/LTCOL/BRANCH HEAD/MMIB/TEL/DSN 278-9230/COMM 703-784-9230/EMAIL: MARK.MCCARROLL@USMC.MIL//
POC/YETTER, G./LTCOL/HEAD MMIB-2/TEL/DSN 378-9177/COMM 703-432-9177/EMAIL: GREGG.YETTER@USMC.MIL//
POC/STYLES, S./LTCOL/ASST SEC HEAD MMIB-2/TEL/DSN 378-9177/COMM 703-432-9177/EMAIL: SANDERSON.STYLES@USMC.MIL//
POC/PERYAM, B./MAJ/OIC REQUIREMENTS/MMIB-2/TEL/DSN 378-9177/COMM 703-432-9177/EMAIL: BENJAMIN.PERYAM@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Situation. Reference (a) established the FY18 1095 Service cap at 35, all allotted to Manpower Management Division (MM). There are 0 allocations for conventional ADOS. There is a DC M&RA provision that allows for an additional 40 1095s provided they are physically present inside the CENTCOM AOR. Reference (a) also cited a forecasted 1095 cap for FY19 as 35, with an additional 40 1095s provided that are physically present inside the CENTCOM AOR. In both instances, the additional 40 1095s are held at the DC M&RA (MM) level. No other COCOM AOR will qualify. Requests for one of these additional 40 CENTCOM AOR 1095 quotas are to be sent to DC M&RA Manpower Management Integration Branch (MMIB) with full justification and duty location. DC M&RA (MM) is the decision authority regarding the utilization of these additional CENTCOM AOR quotas.
2. Mission. The service must reach the 1095 caps set forth in reference (a) by the phase lines listed below. DC M&RA (MM) is tasked with the oversight and management of the 1095 quotas as it pertains to ADOS-CO orders.
2.a. This message will be modified and or cancelled based on the needs of the Marine Corps and/or mobilization authorities.
2.b. These allocations are predicated upon the continuation of Congressional approval of OCO budgets and the current national emergency.
3. Execution. IAW the references, the 1095 cap will be accomplished by the following phase line:
3.a. Phase line 1 (FY18)
3.a.1. Date: 26 Sep 18
3.a.2. Service cap: 35
3.a.3. The FY18 quotas for phase line 1, FY18 (35) are reflected:
4. Phase line 2 (FY19)
4.a.1. Date: 01 Oct 18
4.a.2. Service cap: 35
4.a.3. The forecasted FY19 quotas for phase line 2, (35) are allocated as follows:
5. Admin and Logistics. NLT 1 May 18, commands listed in 3.a.3 will identify, by-name, those 1095 Marines who will be demobilized NLT 26 Sep 18, if applicable to phase line 1. DC M&RA (MM) will manage the HQMC/NCR commands. DC M&RA direction is to have commands personally notify Marines if identified for demobilization NLT 1 May 18, or before, prior to 30 Sep 18 IOT allow for sufficient time to transition. Additionally, a second by-name list will be required to identify those Marines who have been authorized to extend past 1 Oct 18 into FY19 (under the forecasted cap of 35) as part of phase line 2. MARFORs/Commands will submit the information outlined above via an excel spreadsheet sent NIPR e-mail to either LtCol Yetter, LtCol Styles, or Maj Peryam.
6. Commands assigned a 1095 quota are authorized to seek assistance from other commands in the realignment of 1095 allocations, with the understanding that it will not exceed the service cap for that FY. Also, any realignment between MARFORs is only valid for that specific FY and will not carry into the next FY. Commands cannot exceed their quota and if a 1095 Marine is being considered for activation, then an existing 1095 Marine from that command will have to demobilize as a one-for-one swap. A 45 day turnover is authorized.
7. Quotas outlined above are generally determined according to the percentage of the IA OCO budget that is allocated to each MARFOR/Command, i.e., a MARFOR that receives a 10 percent allocation of the IA OCO budget, also receives a corresponding 10 percent of the overall service 1095 allocation. Some percentages are revised downward to remain within the service cap. Budget exceptions are based on Dir, MM decision, which will not affect the 1095 allocation.
8. HQMC/NCR holds a larger portion of the 1095 quotas IOT cover ad hoc service/Joint IA Requirements overseen by DC M&RA.
9. All commands identified above are required to be at their quota on the specified phase line date or else DC M&RA (MM) will make the determination which R/C Marine will demobilize to adhere to the cap.
10. Command and Signal. MROWS orders will not be approved or extended without a valid address verification.
11. Release authorized by LtGen Michael A. Rocco, Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//