CALL FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE 2018 OFFICER WOMEN’S LEADERSHIP SYMPOSIUM
Date Signed: 3/9/2018
MARADMINS Number: 152/18
R 091834Z MAR 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/CALL FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE 2018 OFFICER WOMEN’S LEADERSHIP SYMPOSIUM//
POC/M. J. SHEPPARD/CIV/CMC (MPE)/-/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: MARC.SHEPPARD@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN announces the 2018 Officer Women’s Leadership Symposium (OWLS) 24-26 April 2018 at the Women’s Memorial in Arlington, VA.
2. OWLS provides military women the opportunity to network with like-minded colleagues and to grow professionally and personally through keynote messages, workshops, and panel discussions. Participants will have great opportunities for mentorship, while connecting with women from every service throughout all levels of leadership.
3. CMC (MPE) will fund participation within a limited scope. The Marine Corps will sponsor ten (10) Marines from the local area by funding their conference/registration fees only. All Marine Corps funded participation will be coordinated through the Equal Opportunity and Diversity Management (MPE) Branch. Marines who are not selected to attend, may register and attend at their own expense to include registration fees.
4. Contact MPE POC NLT 19 April 2018 to obtain conference reservations.
5. More information can be found on the Academy Women website at www.academywomen.org.
6. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
7. OWLS is a non-federal entity wholly independent of the Marine Corps.
8. Release authorized by Brigadier General S. F. Benedict, Director, Manpower Plans and Policy Division.//