FISCAL YEAR 2018 MARINE OPTION NAVAL RESERVE OFFICERS TRAINING CORPS SCHOLARSHIP SELECTEES
Date Signed: 4/9/2018
MARADMINS Number: 203/18
R 092009Z APR 18
MSGID/GENADMIN, USMTF, 2018/CG MCRC QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2018 MARINE OPTION NAVAL RESERVE OFFICERS TRAINING CORPS SCHOLARSHIP SELECTEES//
REF/A/MSGID: GENADMIN MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP/YMD: 20131231//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/CMC/YMD: 20100901//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/CONGRESS/YMD: 20080630//
REF/D/MSGID: DOC/DODI/YMD: 20130531//
REF/E/MSGID: DOCUMENT/MCBUL/YMD: 20160602//
REF/F/MSGID: BUMED/-/YMD: 20020820//
REF/G/MSGID: CMC MCUB/-/YMD: 20030331//
REF/H/MSGID: MCRC OCM/-/YMD: 20160111//
REF/I/MSGID: DOCUMENT/MCO/YMD: 20151029//
POC/Amy Coppage/MCRC ON-E/-/-/TEL: 703-784-9447//
NARR/REF (A) IS CMC MARADMIN 703/13 UPDATE TO TRANSFER OF EDUCATION BENEFITS (TEB) POLICY. REF (B) IS MCO 1560.25, MARINE CORPS LIFE LONG LEARNING PROGRAM. REF (C) IS PUBLIC LAW 110-252, THE SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATIONS ACT OF 2008, TITLE V OF REF E IS THE POST 9-11 VETERANS EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANCE ACT OF 2008. REF (D) IS DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE INSTRUCTION (DODI) 1341.13, POST 9-11 GI BILL. REF (E) IS MCBUL 1020 MARINE CORPS TATTOO POLICY. REF (F) IS NAVMED P117, DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY MANUAL OF THE MEDICAL DEPARTMENT (MANMED), CHAPTER 15. REF (G) IS MCO P1020.34G MARINE CORPS UNIFORM REGULATION CH 1-5. REF (H) IS MCRCO 1100.2A OFFICER COMMISSIONING MANUAL (MCRC OCM). REF (I) IS MCO 1040.43B ENLISTED TO OFFICER COMMISSIONING PROGRAMS.//
REMARKS/1. Per Refs (A), (B), (C), (G), and (H), The following Marines were selected to receive a Naval Reserve Officers Training Corps (NROTC) scholarship:
NAME RANK CODE
Davis, Kishell LCpl 11
Dickey, Jordan LCpl KA
Heard, Joshua Sgt 11
Hernandez Jr., Bernardo LCpl KA
Pimentel, Jeremias LCpl KA
Mars, Rowdy LCpl KA
Mifsud, Matthew PFC KA
2. The selectees have been notified by letter of Selection and Unit Assignment.
3. Under reference (F) Marines will remain with present unit until all qualifications are met. Prior to issuance of orders, the selectees must be found physically qualified by the Department of the Defense Medical Examination Review Board (DODMERB).
4. Once determined qualified, Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders will be immediately issued by the Commandant of the Marine Corps (MMEA-85) for Regular Component Marines to proceed to their assigned NROTC units. Reserve Units will issue orders to Reserve Marines. Recruit Training and follow on schools shall not prevent a selected applicant from attending required orientations and the commencement of their college classes.
5. Per Ref (H), the day before classes begin the Marines will be issued a DD Form 214 and released from Active Duty to the Individual Ready Reserve (IRR). Administration guidence provided by Ref (I) applies.
6. Orders may be declined in writing or by request. Requests should be routed to Marine Corps Recruiting Command (ON/E) (amy.coppage at marines.usmc.mil) and to NROTC Scholarship Placement Office (PNSC_NROTC.Placement at navy.mil).
7. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
8. Release Authorized by MajGen Paul J. Kennedy, CG, MCRC.//