FISCAL YEAR 2018 STAFF NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICER DEGREE COMPLETION PROGRAM (SNCODCP) SELECTION BOARD
Date Signed: 4/12/2018
MARADMINS Number: 207/18
R 120857Z APR 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2018 STAFF NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICER DEGREE COMPLETION PROGRAM (SNCODCP) SELECTION BOARD//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/CMC MMEA-85/13MAY13//
REF/B/MSGID: MSG/CMC MP/051926ZJUL17//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/CMC MMEA-85/15OCT12//
REF/D/MSGID: DOC/CMC MPO/18SEP14//
NARR/REF A IS MCO 1560.21, STAFF NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICER DEGREE COMPLETION PROGRAM. REF B IS MARADMIN 350/17, MCBUL 7220 FY18 SELECTIVE RETENTION BONUS (SRB) PROGRAM AND FY18 BROKEN SERVICE SRB (BSSRB) PROGRAM. REF C IS MCO P1326.6D, SELECTING, SCREENING, AND PREPARING ENLISTED MARINES FOR SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENTS AND INDEPENDENT DUTIES (SDAMAN). REF D IS MCO 1300.8, MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENTS POLICY//
POC/I.O. GOUDYREV/MAJ/MMEA-25/TEL: 703-432-9472/EMAIL: IVAN.GOUDYREV@USMC.MIL//
POC/J.N. URDIALES/GYSGT/MMEA-25/TEL: 703-432-9473/EMAIL: JUAN.URDIALES@USMC.MIL//
POC/D. MARCONDA/CIV/LSP MANAGER/TEL: 703-784-9550/EMAIL: DEBORAH.MARCONDA@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to announce the FY18 Staff Noncommissioned Officer Degree Completion Program (SNCODCP) and to solicit applications from qualified SNCOs. Reference (a) establishes policy, the selection process, eligibility requirements, and application procedures for the SNCODCP.
2. Based on future vacancies in billets that require a baccalaureate degree, the FY18 SNCODCP Selection Board will accept applications for the following disciplines:
2.a. Safety (Environmental and Occupational Safety, Environmental Health Management, Occupational Safety, Waste Management, Hazardous Material, Waste Control).
3. Eligible Marines accepted for the SNCODCP will be afforded the opportunity to complete their baccalaureate degree and be assigned a 36-month payback tour in their assigned additional Military Occupational Specialty (MOS). The following are immediate and projected vacancies:
MCC UNIT DISCIPLINE AVAILABILITY
014 MCB Camp Pendleton, CA SAFETY MARCH 2020
023 MCAS Miramar, CA SAFETY APRIL 2020
044 MCAS Iwakuni, Japan EDUCATION IMMEDIATE
JBG SNCO Academy, Okinawa, Japan EDUCATION IMMEDIATE
068 Marine Corps University, Quantico, VA EDUCATION JAN 2020
KA9 T3 School, Camp Pendleton, CA EDUCATION MAY 2020
019 MCLB Barstow, CA PSYCHOLOGY IMMEDIATE
092 H(and)S BN, MCIPAC, Okinawa, Japan PSYCHOLOGY IMMEDIATE
022 MCAS Cherry Point, NC PSYCHOLOGY JUNE 2020
034 Legal Services Support, Quantico, VA PARALEGAL IMMEDIATE
034 Legal Services Support, Quantico, VA PARALEGAL IMMEDIATE
097 MCB Camp Lejeune, NC PARALEGAL IMMEDIATE
097 MCB Camp Lejeune, NC PARALEGAL MAY 2019
1FU MCB Camp Butler, Okinawa, Japan PARALEGAL IMMEDIATE
098 MCB Camp Pendleton, CA PARALEGAL APR 2019
J88 School of Music, Virginia Beach, VA MUSIC IMMEDIATE
4. Eligibility Requirements.
4.a. Qualified Marines of any MOS are accepted into the SNCODCP.
4.a.(1) Marines applying for the paralegal discipline are preferred but not required to have MOS of 4421. Applicants must attend an American Bar Association (ABA) approved university and complete an undergraduate degree with a major in paralegal studies.
4.a.(2) Marines applying for the music discipline are preferred but not required to have a MOS of 5524.
4.b. Must be in grade of Staff Sergeant through Master Sergeant.
4.c. Must possess an associates degree or have at least 2 years advanced standing towards a baccalaureate degree by the accredited college/university. Baccalaureate degree must be obtained within 18 months on campus.
4.d. Have successfully completed all entrance examinations and been accepted by an accredited degree-granting college/university affiliated with the Navy Reserve Officer Training Corps (NROTC). Applications for Online and Distance Education degree programs will not be accepted.
4.e. Have completed a minimum of 36 months in current geographical area. This requirement can be waived to 24 months based on the needs of the Marine Corps.
4.f. Eligible to gain sufficient obligated service to complete the degree and a 36-month utilization tour.
4.g. Marines that already possess at least a baccalaureate degree are eligible to apply for the billets listed above. Applicants should submit packages in the same manner as degree completion applicants, demonstrating their proof of education.
4.h. Marines that are in receipt of a Selective Reenlistment Bonus or eligible for the Selected Reenlistment Bonus Program are not eligible for this program, in accordance with reference (b).
4.i. Marines that have attended a formal military school in excess of 20 weeks or are currently serving in a screenable billet outside of their MOS will not be favorably considered until previous obligation has been served.
5. Submission Guidelines.
5.a. Applications must be submitted no later than 15 May 2018. The FY18 SNCODCP selection board will take place on or about 25 May 2018.
5.b. Completed packages must be submitted electronically using the Special Duty Assignment/SNCO Degree Completion Reenlistment Extension Lateral Move (RELM) with reenlistment request in the Total Force Retention System (TFRS) to CMC (MMEA-25) via the normal RELM routing chain. Unit Career Planners have access to the TFRS program. The enclosures to the RELM will contain the following:
5.b.(1) SNCODCP Application, example in reference (a), enclosure (2).
5.b.(2) Academic Certification, example in reference (a), enclosure (3).
5.b.(3) Copies of official transcripts.
5.b.(4) Current promotion style photograph, less than 6 months old.
5.b.(5) Commanding Officers Independent Duty Checklist, example in reference (c), appendix (e).
6. Applicants must also complete the FY18 SNCODCP survey located at https:(slash)(slash)survey.max.gov/698289 in order to account for individual preferences.
7. Marines are encouraged to contact the Leadership Scholar Program Manager, listed in the POC above, for assistance with enrollment and acceptance into the approved colleges and universities across the nation.
8. Applicants must agree to extend/reenlist to remain on active duty for no less than 48 months upon completion of degree requirements. At least 36 months of the 48-month extension/reenlistment will be served in the assigned payback tour.
9. Results of the FY18 SNCODCP Board will be released via MARADMIN in June 2018. Marines will receive their approved RELM via the unit career planner with required obligated service. Approved RELMs must be acknowledged and executed within 15 calendar days. Orders will be issued in accordance with the reference (a) and (d).
10. This MARADMIN is not applicable to Marine Corps Reserve.
11. Release authorized by MajGen Robert F. Castellvi, Director, Manpower Management Division.//