2D QTR FY-18 CMCS INNOVATION CHALLENGE RESULTS
Date Signed: 4/13/2018
MARADMINS Number: 213/18
R 122245Z APR 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC CDI//
SUBJ/2D QTR FY-18 CMCS INNOVATION CHALLENGE RESULTS//
REF/A/MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC CDI/121850Z JAN 18//
REF/B/MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC CDI/291952Z SEP 17//
AMPN/REF A IS MARADMIN 031/18, 2D QTR FY-18 COMMANDANTS INNOVATION CHALLENGE//
REF B IS MARADMIN 542/17, FY-18 COMMANDANTS INNOVATION CHALLENGES//
POC/MATTALIANO.ANTONIO/IWID/TEL: 703-784-0666/EMAIL: ANTIONO.J.MATTALIANO@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Congratulations to the winner, finalists and all
submitters of the 2D QTR FY-18 CMC's Innovation Challenge. The Information Warfare Integration Division (IWID) received 97 submissions which included Marines, Sailors and government civilians.
2. Following this notification, IWID will contact the challenge winner and finalists to discuss the process for implementation of their proposals. The initial meeting will involve refining the proposals and developing a plan of action and milestones. The challenge winner will be invited to Marine Corps Base Quantico, where he will be personally recognized by the Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC), Deputy Commandant, Combat Development and Integration (DC CDI), and Commanding General, Marine Corps Warfighting Laboratory/Futures Directorate. The winner and finalist in the Deceive Audiences functional category are also invited to participate in the Signature Management (SIGMAN) Wargame in June.
3. The Innovation Challenge winner: Walker Mills, 1stLt, 2d BN 1st Mar, Electronic Warfare Spoofing Pod – Deceive Audiences
4. The Innovation Challenge finalists:
A. Christopher Delp, Scientist, SPAWARSYSCEN-PACIFIC, Devil Dog Decoys - Deceive Audiences
B. James McGrath, LtCol, EWTGLANT, A Path Towards Advanced Information Environment Operations Training – Control IE Ops
C. Peter Isajewicz, Capt, RTR, 1st Bn, Jamming with the First Wave – Attack Networks
D. Frederick Monday, Maj, Combat Assault Company, 3D Mar Reg, AAVP7/CESAS II Concept of Employment – Battlespace Awareness
E. Matthew Neely, Maj, TECOM, MAGTF T and E Standards Division, Deployable Wi-Fi Hot Spots for Information Operations – Influence Audiences
F. Jeffery Castro, GS-14, CDI, CDD, ATFP, Multiple Communication Paths for Handhelds – Assured C2
5. Funding for travel involving the Innovation Challenge winner will be provided by DC CDI.
6. Submissions not selected by IWID will be available to appropriate Headquarters Marine Corps agencies for further consideration.
7. The next CMC's Innovation Challenge is sponsored by the Intelligence Integration Division and will be announced in April2018. Details may be found in reference B.
8. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Robert S. Walsh, Deputy Commandant, Combat Development and Integration.//