2018 SERGEANT MAJOR OF THE MARINE CORPS SYMPOSIUM
Date Signed: 4/13/2018
MARADMINS Number: 214/18
R 122300Z APR 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC DMCS//
SUBJ/2018 SERGEANT MAJOR OF THE MARINE CORPS SYMPOSIUM//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps (SMMC) will host the 2018 Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps Symposium (SMMCS-18) from 23 July to 27 July at the National Conference Center (NCC), Leesburg, VA. Travel days are 22 July and 28 July 2018, as applicable, with a no-host ice breaker on the evening of 23 July 2018.
2. The following Sergeants Major and their spouses are invited to attend.
SgtMaj Anthony A. Spadaro USPACOM
SgtMaj Paul G. McKenna NORAD/NORTHCOM
SgtMaj Bryan K. Zickefoose SOUTHCOM
SgtMaj Vincent C. Santiago DSCA
SgtMaj Aaron G. McDonald JTF NORTH
SgtMaj Robert K. Williamson MARFORPAC
SgtMaj Clifford W. Wiggins MARFORCOM
SgtMaj Scott D. Grade MARFORRES
SgtMaj Troy E. Black M&RA
SgtMaj Thomas G. Eggerling MCCDC
SgtMaj James K. Porterfield I MEF
SgtMaj Richard D. Thresher II MEF
SgtMaj Mario A. Marquez III MEF
SgtMaj William T. Thurber MARCENT
SgtMaj Michael P. Woods MARFOREUR/AFR
SgtMaj Michael R. Saucedo MARFORK
SgtMaj Eric D. Cook MARFORSOUTH
SgtMaj Daniel L. Krause MARFORCYBER
SgtMaj Terrence C. Whitcomb 1ST MARDIV
SgtMaj Alex M. Dobson 2ND MARDIV
SgtMaj Dennis M. Bradley 3RD MARDIV
SgtMaj Michael A. Miller 4TH MARDIV
SgtMaj Michael J. Pritchard 1ST MAW
SgtMaj Howard L. Kreamer 2ND MAW
SgtMaj Peter A. Siaw 3RD MAW
SgtMaj Thomas M. Burkhardt 4TH MAW
SgtMaj Lonnie N. Travis 1ST MLG
SgtMaj Steven L. Lunsford 2ND MLG
SgtMaj James N. Calbough 3RD MLG
SgtMaj Lanette N. Wright 4TH MLG
SgtMaj Vira Lanpolsaen MCRC
SgtMaj Devon A. Lee MCRD/WRR
SgtMaj Rafael Rodriguez MCRD/ERR
SgtMaj William J. Grigsby TECOM
SgtMaj David A. Wilson TCOM
SgtMaj Douglas F. Cutsail III MCU/EDCOM
SgtMaj Michael J. Hendges MAGTFTC/MCAGCC
SgtMaj Douglas B. Schaefer MARSOC
SgtMaj Michael J. Rowan MCLC
SgtMaj Darby J. Noonan FHG
SgtMaj Charles R. Williams MCICOM
SgtMaj Vincent F. Young MCI-PAC
SgtMaj Charles A. Metzger MCI-EAST
SgtMaj Julio E. Meza MCI-WEST
SgtMaj Gregory D. Harting MM
SgtMaj Shawn M. Isaacson MF
SgtMaj David T. Orsi RA
SgtMaj Robert W. Pullen IGMC
SgtMaj Robin C. Fortner MARCORSYSCOM
SgtMaj Misitupa Tueichi 5TH MEB
3. The following Master Gunnery Sergeants and their spouses are invited to attend.
MGySgt Scott H. Stalker USCYBERCOM
MGySgt Blaine Jones J3 CENTCOM
MGySgt Terrance L. Meekins USSTRATCOM
MGySgt Adrian D. Virges PP&O
MGySgt John C. McGilvrey ASL
MGySgt Lance C. Baughman I&L
MGySgt Aaron L. Hoffman INTEL
MGySgt Joseph A. Guilianelli JAD
MGySgt Nicholas E. Oren C4
MGySgt Michael E. Schellenbach OUSMCC
MGySgt Jose M. Giron MCWL
MGySgt Rongalett D. Green WHMO
MGySgt James I. Davies POSOD
MGySgt Jose L. Lopez MR
4. The following Command Master Chiefs and their spouses are invited to attend.
CMDCM Frank Dominguez MARFORPAC
CMDCM Frank E. Johnson MARFORCOM
CMDCM Ryan N. Strack MARFORRES
CMDCM Michael J. Roberts I MEF
CMDCM Russell W. Folley II MEF
CMDCM Christopher W. Moore III MEF
5. The SMMC office exercises overall staff cognizance for SMMCS-18, to include social event coordination, and is the information releasing authority for SMMCS-18. The Director, Special Projects Directorate (SPD), provides direct support to the SMMC office and is responsible for logistical, administrative, and operations support center for SMMCS-18. Points of contact (POC) for the SMMC office and SPD are contained in paragraph 15.
6. Detailed programs are being developed and will be promulgated separately.
a. Invited SgtsMaj, MGySgts, and CMDCMs are required to submit a visitors request via the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) with the security management office code 540080084(semicolon) the POC for this request is Mr. Randy Kowski at randy.kowski(at)usmc.mil. Secret clearance is required to attend classified briefs.
b. Administrative, logistics, and other information to facilitate online registration, lodging, transportation, and any special needs requests will be sent via email.
8. Orders. Individual commands will issue orders for their attendees. All orders should be non-reporting. Government quarters and messing are not available. Rental vehicle is not authorized.
9. Locations. SMMCS-18 will be held at the National Conference Center, 18980 Upper Belmont Place, Leesburg, VA. More information about lodging and registration, including a one-stop registration website which reduces the time and effort necessary to register, will be provided through an administrative/logistics message via email.
10. Transportation. Government transportation will be provided for all official functions. Recommend arrival at Washington-Dulles International Airport (closest to the symposium site), a shuttle will be provided from/to this airport at no cost.
11. Financial. A non-reimbursable fee will be collected from all attendees participating in the SMMCS-18. This fee covers the costs associated with catered meals, refreshments and social events on the official schedule. This cost is not reimbursable on travel claims and the cost of the meals is covered for attendees on travel orders through per diem. The preferred method of payment is through the online registration process. Alternate method of payment: mail fees to the address provided below or hand deliver to Pentagon Room 2C252A no later than 13 July 2018. Checks payable to “Special Events Fund” should be mailed to: Special Projects Directorate, HQMC, P.O. Box 25272, Arlington, VA, 22202-9272. Due to the requirement for SPD to pre-arrange catering, RSVP(apostrophe)ing for this event obligates the attendee to the amount due (no adjustments will be made after 13 July 2018).
12. Uniforms. The required uniforms and civilian clothing are Dress Blue/White “B” (ribbons, badges, and white gloves), business suit, business casual, and civilian casual. The SMMC will host an Evening Parade on Friday, 27 July 2018.
13. Weather. The average temperatures for the Washington, D.C. area in August are 87 degrees (high) and 65 (low), with humidity around 70 percent. The area averages approximately 3.9 inches of rain in August.
14. SMMCS-18 Operations Center
a. The Operations Center will be set up to provide appropriate administrative and logistical support to all attendees. Personnel and resources are assigned to the Operations Center according to known requirements based on the official agendas.
b. The Operations Center will be located in the National Conference Center and will be operational Sunday thru Friday from 0700-1830.
c. Projected capabilities are:
(1) Limited unclassified phone.
(2) Unclassified fax.
(3) NIPRNET e-mail.
(4) Limited color/black and white copying.
(5) The Operations center will provide and maintain NIPRNET workstations for SMMCS-18 attendees.
(6) Briefings support: the Operations Center will be prepared to support all known briefers(apostrophe) requirements. The normal organic audio-visual and information technology capabilities are available, which includes screens, projectors, video players, and laptops capable of using CDs. If any briefer requires additional support, please contact Mr. Randy Kowski.
d. Operations Center limitations. The Operations Center will not have on-site capability for classified fax, SIPRNET email, and STU/STE phone. The Operations Center is unable to provide any classified material support to include handling and storage.
15. Points of contact
a. SMMC office. Contact numbers: commercial (703) 614-8762, DSN 224-8762, fax commercial (703) 614-9359, DSN 224-9359.
(1) Contact number: commercial (703) 614-1515, DSN 224-1515.
(2) Principal Project Officer: Major Mark Toone, e-mail: mark.toone(at)usmc.mil.
(3) Spouse Program Coordinator: Ms. Nancy Torres, email: nancy.c.torres(at)usmc.mil.
(4) Operations Center: Mr. Randy Kowski, email: randy.kowski(at)usmc.mil
16. Release authorized by Major General F. M. Padilla, Staff Director, Headquarters Marine Corps.//