FY18 2ND QUARTER INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS PROGRAM (IAP) EXPERIENCE TRACK SELECTION PANEL RESULTS
Date Signed: 5/11/2018
MARADMINS Number: 264/18
R 102202Z MAY 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC PPO PL WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/FY18 2ND QUARTER INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS PROGRAM (IAP) EXPERIENCE TRACK SELECTION PANEL RESULTS//
REF/A/DOC/CMC PPO/YMD: 20130327//
REF/B/DOC/DODD 1315.17/YMD: 20050428//
NARR/REF A IS MARINE CORPS ORDER 1520.11F, THE INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS PROGRAM (IAP). REF B IS DOD DIRECTIVE 1315.17, MILITARY DEPARTMENT FOREIGN AREA OFFICER (FAO) PROGRAMS. REF C IS MARADMIN 316/17, FY 2018 MARINE CORPS FOREIGN LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY BONUS ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS. REF D IS MARADMIN 521/16, MCBUL 7220 ANNOUNCING REVISED MCO 7220.52 FOR THE MARINE CORPS FOREIGN LANGUAGE BONUS PROGRAM.//
POC/1/PIPES, BENJAMIN/LTCOL/CMC PPO PL WASHINGTON DC/DSN 664-4664/703-604-4664/BENJAMIN.PIPES@USMC.MIL.//
POC/2/FISHER, CLAYTON/CIV/CMC PPO PL WASHINGTON DC/DSN 664-0030/703-604-0030/CLAYTON.FISHER@USMC.MIL.//
POC/3/CARACCIOLO, STEVEN/CTR/CMC PPO PL WASHINGTON DC/DSN 664-4375/703-604-4375/STEVEN.CARACCIOLO.CTR@USMC.MIL.//
POC/4/MORALES, RONAL/MGYSGT/CMC PPO PL WASHINGTON DC/DSN 664-0118/703-604-0118/RONAL.MORALES@USMC.MIL.//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. To announce the results of the FY18 2nd Quarter IAP Experience Track Panel results. Based on their background, operational experience, and academic credentials, the below listed Marines are approved for the assignment of the Foreign Area Officer (FAO), Regional Affairs Officer (RAO), or Foreign Area SNCO (FAS) Additional Military Occupational Specialty (AMOS), as indicated below (read in seven columns):
Name Grade PMOS AMOS Designation Region Component
Auten, M.R. O1 4501 8242 FAO Eurasia Active
Endreola, J.J. O3 0402 8224 FAO Middle East Active
Gonzalez, C.E. O4 5803 8241 FAO LATAM Active
Greenwald, J.R. O5 0202 8224 RAO Middle East Reserve
Jones, J.M. E6 7041 8237 FAS Europe Active
Litton, J.W. O5 0802 8224 RAO Middle East Active
Mitchell, T.E. O4 0202 8228 RAO SE Asia Active
Moulder, T.E. O4 0302 8227 RAO Europe Active
Poma-Barnes, D.M.O4 0402 8227 RAO Europe Reserve
Preston, C.P. O5 0302 8241 FAO LATAM Active
Ruiz, J. E7 0231 8231 FAS LATAM Active
Vaughn, J.H. O5 4402 8223 RAO NE Asia Active
Weinrich, M.B. O5 7543 8227 RAO Europe Active
2. Per ref A, MMOA-3 will make appropriate entries into the active duty officers permanent records to reflect the AMOS.
3. FAS Marines must request their respective Installation Personnel Administration Centers (IPAC) to make appropriate entries into their permanent records to reflect the AMOS.
4. Reserve component Marines must request their respective IPAC or command administration office to make appropriate entries.
5. Per ref A, Marines applying for a FAO, RAO, or FAS AMOS are highlighting their availability to serve in international affairs and political-military billets when not serving in their primary MOS. Marines subsequently declining to serve in such billets will have their FAO, RAO, or FAS AMOS administratively withdrawn. Per refs A and C, Marines with a FAO or FAS AMOS are required to maintain current minimum Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT) scores of 2/2/1+ or 1+/1+/1+(Reading/Listening/Speaking), respectively. Failure to maintain minimum scores will result in administrative withdrawal of the FAO or FAS AMOS. Per ref A, all Marines designated as FAOs, RAOs, or FASs are required to possess a completed Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) in order to facilitate their integration in MAGTF planning, operations, security cooperation, and intelligence efforts during future assignments within tactical, operational, and strategic-level Marine Corps staffs, joint and combined staffs, and for duty with interagency organizations. Those Marines who do not have a current SSBI will submit a request immediately. This MARADMIN serves as authority to initiate an SSBI.
6. Funding for language sustainment training may be available to Marines with the FAO, RAO, or FAS AMOS. Submit requests to POCs listed above.
7. Questions concerning the International Affairs Program can be directed to the POCs listed above.
8. Release authorized by GS15 Jeffrey L. DeWeese, Acting Director, Strategy and Plans Division, Plans, Policies and Operations, Headquarters U.S. Marine Corps.//