8999 MILITARY OCCUPATIONAL SPECIALTY REVISION OPERATIONAL PLANNING TEAM CALLING MESSAGE
Date Signed: 5/11/2018
MARADMINS Number: 265/18
R 102212Z MAY 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/8999 MILITARY OCCUPATIONAL SPECIALTY REVISION OPERATIONAL PLANNING TEAM CALLING MESSAGE//
REF/A/DOC/CMC WASH DC/17 APR 17//
REF/B/DOC/CMC WASH DC/8 DEC 14//
NARR/REF (A) IS NAVMC 1200.1C MILITARY OCCUPATIONAL SPECIALTIES MANUAL. REF (B) IS MCO 1200.18 MILITARY OCCUPATIONAL SPECIALTIES PROGRAM MANUAL. REFS (A) AND (B) PROVIDE GUIDANCE ON THE REQUIREMENT TO CONDUCT UPDATES TO THE MOS MANUAL.
POC/W.C. CARTER/SGTMAJ/MMEA/TEL: (703) 784-9217/EMAIL WILLIAM.C.CARTER@USMC.MIL
POC/G.D. HARTING/SGTMAJ/MM/TEL: (703) 784-9200/EMAIL GREGORY.HARTING@USMC.MIL
POC/W.J. GRIGSBY/SGTMAJ/TECOM/TEL: (703) 784-2311/EMAIL WILLIAM.GRIGSBY@USMC.MIL
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This calling message provides information for the 8999 Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) Revision Operational Planning Team (OPT).
2. The 8999 MOS revision will be hosted by the Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs (DC M AND RA).
3. Background. DC M AND RA is the Advocate for the 8999 MOS. Per the references, DC M AND RA is required to submit revision requests to CG MCCDC. As the MOS Advocate, DC M AND RA understands 8999 MOS requirements have evolved since the last revision. Updated and emerging MOS requirements require updates to the MOS Manual.
4. Purpose. The purpose of this OPT is to review the current 8999 MOS requirements and make appropriate changes to the MOS Manual associated with the current and emerging requirements regarding E-8/E-9 assignments to General Officer Level Command billets.
5. End State. Update the existing MOS Manual to meet current and emerging 8999 MOS requirements. Designate the general requirements of the 8999 MOS and the specific additional requirements for E-9 assignments to General Officer Level Command billets.
6. Tasks. One (1) Senior Sergeant Major (Colonel or General Officer Level Command) from each, MARFOR/MEF. Submit names of attendees via email to SgtMaj Carter (see POC above) NLT 25 May 2018.
7. Administration and Logistics. This OPT will be conducted from 11 - 15 June 2018 at Marine Corps University, Warner Hall. Travel days are 11 and 15 June.
7.a. The uniform for this OPT is the Woodland MARPAT w/ sleeves up and business casual attire for civilian attendees.
7.b. Funding. Funding is the responsibility of individual commands.
7.c. A detailed schedule will be provided to OPT members upon submission.
8. Release authorized by LtGen M.A. Rocco, Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//