HQMC SEMPER FIT SEEKS APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2018 HIGH INTENSITY TACTICAL TRAINING (HITT) CHAMPIONSHIP
Date Signed: 5/15/2018
MARADMINS Number: 272/18
R 151835Z MAY 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MF//
SUBJ/HQMC SEMPER FIT SEEKS APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2018 HIGH INTENSITY TACTICAL TRAINING (HITT) CHAMPIONSHIP//
POC/B.SOSCIA/CAPT/MFS/-/TEL: 703-432-0732/FAX 703-784-4125/EMAIL: BRIAN.SOSCIA@USMC-MCCS.ORG//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Headquarters Marine Corps (HQMC) Semper Fit is seeking applications from active duty Marines interested in participating in the 2018 HITT championship. Qualifying events will be held at participating installations between 14 May–30 June 2018. Marine Corps Base (MCB) Camp Lejeune will host the championship event 24-28 September, 2018.
2. Interested Marines must submit an application to participate in qualifying events held at their respective installations.
3. Qualifying event applications may be obtained through the local installations Semper Fit HITT Coordinator. Applications must be completed in their entirety and include command endorsement stating the Marine will be available to attend the qualifying event and if selected, and for the final championship event at MCB Camp Lejeune.
4. Eligibility requirements for active duty Marines are:
A. Assignment to full duty (not assigned to limited or light duty within the past 3 months).
B. Possession of a current, first class Physical Fitness Test and Combat Fitness Test score.
5. Marines assigned to Marine Corps Recruiting Command, Inspector - Instructor locations, and joint/other service duty stations are eligible to participate at the closest participating Marine Corps installation. Marines from these outlying duty stations will not receive funding for Temporary Additional Duty (TAD) from HQMC Semper Fit to attend the qualifying events. Commands are authorized to fund TAD travel at their own discretion. In the absence of funded TAD orders, commands are also authorized to create unfunded Permissive Temporary Assigned Duty (PTAD) orders. In the absence of PTAD orders, Marines from these outlying duty stations are required to receive annual leave approval from the parent command to attend the preliminary events.
6. All local installation qualifying male and female winner information is due to HQMC Semper Fit no later than (NLT) 01 August 2018. All installations female and male winners must also submit an online application to HQMC Semper Fit NLT 15 August 2018. The All-Marine online application system can be accessed from www.usmc-mccs.org/services/fitness/all-marine-sports. Marines must create an account before accessing the application system. Marines will download their command endorsed preliminary applications into the online system to be considered for the HITT championship. For technical issues with the All-Marine online application system please contact the point of contact for this MARADMIN.
7. If selected to compete in the championship event, Marines must have a Government Travel Credit Card and an account for the Defense Travel System.
8. TAD funding for the championship event is available to active duty Marines only and will be provided by HQMC Semper Fit.
9. This message is cancelled on 29 September 2018.
10. Release authorized by Mrs. M. C. Balocki, Director, Marine and Family Programs Divisions.//