2018 MARINE CORPS EXCEPTIONAL SEXUAL ASSAULT PREVENTION AND RESPONSE VICTIM ADVOCATE OF THE YEAR AWARD
Date Signed: 6/6/2018
MARADMINS Number: 315/18
R 061500Z JUN 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MF//
SUBJ/2018 MARINE CORPS EXCEPTIONAL SEXUAL ASSAULT PREVENTION AND RESPONSE VICTIM ADVOCATE OF THE YEAR AWARD//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. To seek nominations for the inaugural Marine Corps Exceptional Sexual Assault Prevention and Response (SAPR) Victim Advocate (VA) of the Year Award.
2. The award recipient and runners up will receive Headquarters Marine Corps (HQMC) recognition and be featured on MCCS Forward web page, SAPR Monthly Snapshot, and official Marine Corps social media.
3. Sexual Assault Response Coordinators and commanders are encouraged to nominate a military or civilian SAPR VA whose accomplishments within the last 12 months have been particularly noteworthy and demonstrate outstanding support of the SAPR Program and/or people who have experienced sexual assault.
4. Nominee must meet the following eligibility requirements:
4.A. SAPR VA for the last 12 months
4.B. SAPR VA SharePoint access
4.C. Current appointment letter
4.D. USMC 40-hour VA certificate
4.E. Current DoD Sexual Assault Advocate Certification Program certification
4.F. If a nominee changes duty stations or transfers during the award timeframe, the overall component or organization headquarters can still consider that nominee for the award.
5. Nomination packet must include the following:
5.A. A single page narrative highlighting the nominees support of the SAPR Program or those who have experienced sexual assault. Actions described within narrative must cover the previous 12 months. Nominations should be no longer than one single-spaced, 8.5 x 11 page, 1” margin, and 12 point font.
5.B. Written documentation indicating that a command review of the nominee personnel records occurred for any notation of convictions, non-judicial punishments, or other punitive administrative actions for sex-related offenses.
5.C. Full name and email address of nominee, as well as a digital copy (jpeg format) of their official SAPR VA photograph.
5.D. Submitter title, affiliation, and email address.
5.E. Endorsement by the first general officer in the chain of command. Endorsement above the first general officer is not required.
6. Nominations are due to HQMC SAPR by Friday, 27 July 2018. Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. This MARADMIN is cancelled 27 July 2019.
8. Release authorized by Marie Balocki, Acting Director, Marine and Family Programs Division.//