ANNOUNCEMENT OF BILLET VACANCIES FOR CALENDAR YEAR SERGEANTS MAJOR HIGH VISIBILITY BILLET SLATE 1-18
Date Signed: 6/11/2018
MARADMINS Number: 325/18
R 111009Z JUN 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/ANNOUNCEMENT OF BILLET VACANCIES FOR CALENDAR YEAR SERGEANTS MAJOR HIGH VISIBILITY BILLET SLATE 1-18//
REF/A/MSGID:MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM/110730ZJUN18//
AMPN/REF IS MARADMIN 489/17, SERGEANTS MAJOR ASSIGNMENTS TO HIGH VISIBILITY BILLETS.//
POC/G. D. HARTING/SGTMAJ/MM/-/TEL:DSN 278-9698//
POC/W. C. CARTER/SGTMAJ/MMEA/-/TEL:DSN 278-9217//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Per the ref, the following billets will be slated:
COMMAND MCC TENTATIVE DATE NOTES
RTR MCRDSD 017 September 2018
MMEA 080 November 2018
2. Sergeants Major (SgtsMaj) must meet the following criteria.
2.a. Must have or obtain a minimum of 28 months obligated service before mandatory 30 year retirement on date of reporting to the announced billet.
2.b. Must have a minimum of 36 months time in grade on date of reporting to the announced billet.
2.c. Must have a minimum of 24 months at present unit on date of reporting to the announced billet.
2.d. Must meet height/weight standards and have passed the most recent Physical Fitness Test or Combat Fitness Test.
3. All SgtsMaj who meet the slate eligibility requirements listed above must submit an AA form (NAVMC 10274) requesting either consideration or non-consideration. Required AA form examples can be found at www.manpower.usmc.mil, Active Marine, Manpower Management, "Documents" tab on the bottom right of the webpage. Eligible SgtsMaj that request non-consideration will not normally be considered for any future slated billets as determined by the nature of their request. SgtsMaj that request consideration must submit a full package as outlined in ref (a).
4. SgtsMaj who meet the above criteria will be considered for any additional billet vacancies that become available during the conduct of this slate.
5. SgtsMaj requesting consideration should understand that Manpower Management Division (MM Div) will automatically address time on station waivers.
6. Enlisted career force control waivers will not be considered.
7. Correspondence must arrive at CMC (MMEA) NLT 25 June 2018.
8. Questions concerning the slating process should be communicated to the MM Div SgtMaj, DSN 278-9698/COM 703-784-9698.
9. Release authorized by MajGen Robert F. Castellvi, Director, Manpower Management Division.//