FISCAL YEAR 2018-2019 (FY18-FY19) RESERVE AFFAIRS MANAGEMENT (RAM) COMMAND VISIT ROADSHOW
Date Signed: 6/29/2018
MARADMINS Number: 369/18
R 291430Z JUN 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2018-2019 (FY18-FY19) RESERVE AFFAIRS MANAGEMENT (RAM) COMMAND VISIT ROADSHOW//
REF/A/DOC/MCO 1300.8/YMD: 20140918//
REF/B/DOC/RESERVE AFFAIRS (RA) ASSIGNMENT POLICY/20170607//
NARR/REFERENCE (A) IS THE MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENT POLICY.
REFERENCE (B) IS THE RA ASSIGNMENT POLICY.//
POC/I. J. GARVEY/MAJ/RAM-2 OFFICER IN CHARGE AND ACTIVE RESERVE CAPTAIN AND MAJOR COMBAT ARMS AND COMBAT SERVICE SUPPORT MONITOR/TEL: (703) 784-0511/EMAIL: IAN.J.GARVEY@USMC.MIL//
POC/E. L. REDMON/MAJ/ACTIVE RESERVE CAPTAIN AND MAJOR AVIATION MONITOR AND OFFICER ACCESSIONS OFFICER IN CHARGE/TEL: (703) 784-0530/EMAIL: ERYN.REDMON@USMC.MIL//
POC/M. J. PATAKI/CWO5/ACTIVE RESERVE WARRANT OFFICER MONITOR/TEL: (703) 784-0524/EMAIL: MICHAEL.PATAKI@USMC.MIL//
POC/P. A. CAMPO/MSGT/ACTIVE RESERVE 0111 AND SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENTS MONITOR/TEL: (703) 784-0529/EMAIL: PHILIP.CAMPO@USMC.MIL//
POC/K. A. THOMAS/MSGT/ACTIVE RESERVE 0200-2100 MONITOR/TEL: (703) 784-0526/EMAIL: KEVIN.A.THOMAS1@USMC.MIL//
POC/I. S. STEWART/MSGT/ACTIVE RESERVE 3000-5711 MONITOR/TEL: (703) 784-0528/EMAIL: IAN.S.STEWART@USMC.MIL//
POC/V. ALABRE/MSGT/ACTIVE RESERVE 6000-6500 MONITOR/TEL: (703) 784-0527/EMAIL: VANES.ALABRE@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Situation. In preparation for the FY19 slating season, RAM will address individual and command concerns during the FY18-FY19 RAM Command Visit Roadshow.
2. Mission. From September 2018 to January 2019, RAM will visit designated locations to conduct a series of briefs, in-calls, staffing meetings, and interviews in order to update commands on manpower issues and assist Marines in making well-informed career decisions.
a. Intent. Provide commands with information pertaining to manpower management policies, assignments, opportunities to join the Active Reserve program, support talent management of Marines, and facilitate opportunities for Marines to discuss future assignments with their monitor.
b. Concept of Operations. RAM leadership, Active Reservist (AR) Primary Military Occupational Specialty monitors, and the AR Special Duty Assignment monitor will travel to Marine Corps bases and Marine Forces Reserve sites across CONUS in order to facilitate interaction between RAM, unit leaders, and individual Marines. The roadshow visits will consist of in-calls with senior leaders, informational briefings, and personal interviews between Marines and their monitors.
c. Coordinating Instructions
(1) RAM Command Visit Roadshow Schedule (read in three columns):
Location Dates Host Unit
Fort Devens, MA 10 Sep 25th Mar Regiment
Newburgh, NY* 10 Sep VMGR-452
Fort Dix, NJ 12-13 Sep Site Support MAG-49
Great Lakes, IL 26-27 Sep MACG-48
Virginia Beach/Norfolk, VA* 26-27 Sep VMM-774
Quantico, VA 3 Oct Reserve Affairs
Camp Lejeune, NC 24-25 Oct DPC/RSU-East
Aurora, CO 30 Oct CLB-453
Fort Worth, TX 31 Oct-1 Nov MAG-41
New Orleans, LA 3-5 Dec HQ Bn, MFR
Marietta, GA 6 Dec CLR-45
MCAS Miramar 7-8 Jan Site Support Miramar
Camp Pendleton, CA 9-10 Jan HMLA-775
Fort Lewis, WA 11 Jan CLB-23
*Denotes only aviation monitors will be present
(2) Briefs. Briefs will be conducted on the first day of each site visit and will last approximately one hour. Attendance at the RAM brief by local reserve unit staff and all AR Marines is highly encouraged. Maximum participation is essential to facilitate the FY19 assignments process. Briefs will cover the assignments process, career progression within the AR, and manpower programs and policies.
(3) Individual Interviews. Individual interviews with the monitors will begin immediately after the briefs are complete. Sign-up sheets will be available at the RAM briefing location for all AR Marines seeking an individual interview with their monitor. Active Component or Reserve Component Marines interested in joining the AR program can coordinate an individual interview with a monitor to discuss the accession process.
4. Administration and Logistics
a. Administration. Host commands listed in paragraph 3c(1) must assign a site coordinator for each location. Site coordinators will execute detailed planning via separate correspondence with the RAM command coordinator, MSgt Stewart.
(1) Funding. Reserve Affairs will fund all travel related expenses for the RAM command visit team. Units are responsible to fund expenses for Marines that intend to travel to the predesignated locations listed in paragraph 3c(1).
(2) Facilities. Host commands will provide adequate facilities to support the informational briefs and monitor interviews. The brief location requires audio/video support and the interview location requires internet connectivity and power.
5. Command and Signal
a. Site Coordinators. Serve as the primary point of contact for RAM command visit coordination. Upon release of this message, Site Coordinators shall contact the RAM Command Visit Roadshow coordinator, MSgt Stewart, in order to facilitate site visit planning.
b. Network Access. Network access requirements will be coordinated separately with each Site Coordinator.
c. Phone and Printer Support. The RAM team will require one network printer and a DSN capable phone.
6. Release authorized by Colonel J. M. Morrisroe, Director, Reserve Affairs Division, Acting//