FISCAL YEAR 2019 (FY19) MECEP, ECP, RECP, AND MCP-R SELECTION BOARD ONE RESULTS
Date Signed: 7/2/2018
MARADMINS Number: 372/18
R 021637Z JUL 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG MCRC QUANTICO VA UC//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2019 (FY19) MECEP, ECP, RECP, AND MCP-R SELECTION BOARD ONE RESULTS//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1040.43B MCRC OE/YMD:20151029//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/MCRCO 1100.2A G-3/YMD:20160111//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/MCO 6100.13A C 469/YMD:20180117//
REF/D/MSGID: MSG/MARADMIN 117/18/YMD:20180222//
REF/H/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1040.31 MMEA-6/YMD:20100908//
NARR/REF (A) IS MCO 1040.43B ENLISTED TO OFFICER (E-O) COMMISSIONING PROGRAMS. REF (B) IS MCRCO 1100.2A MARINE CORPS RECRUITING COMMAND OFFICER COMMISSIONING MANUAL (MCRC OCM). REF (C) IS MCO 6100.13A MARINE CORPS PHYSICAL FITNESS PROGRAM AND COMBAT FITNESS RESULTS. REF (D) IS MARADMIN 117/18 ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE FY19 MECEP, ECP, RECP, AND MCP-R SELECTION BOARDS. REF (E) IS THE OFFICER CANDIDATES SCHOOL MASTER PROJECTION PLAN FISCAL YEAR 2019. REF (F) IS THE SUMMER 2018 OFFICER CANDIDATES SCHOOL (OCS) CLASS DATES, CANDIDATE PRE-SHIP PREPARATION AND REQUIREMENTS. REF (G) IS THE DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY MANUAL OF MEDICAL DEPARTMENT (MANMED), CHAPTER 15. REF (H) IS MCO 1040.31 ENLISTED RETENTION AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM.//
POC/MS. TROI SPENCER/CIV/UNIT: MCRC ON/E/-/TEL: (703) 784-9443//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The Commanding General, Marine Corps Recruiting Command (CG), (MCRC), by direction of the Commandant of the Marine Corps, has approved the subject named results. Per refs (A) through (E), all selected Marines will be assigned to attend a 10-week Officer Candidates Class (OCC). Selection and assignment to OCS will be dependent on medical qualification approval by the Navy Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED). The below-named Marines will be scheduled to attend an OCC once determined medically qualified.
Name PMOS MCC
Aguila, Richard R. 3044 1CF
Bassen, Steven A. 6217 39F
Bolanos , Maichelo J. 6492 1GA
Bott, Joshua A. 6113 VHG
Brown, Travis C. 7314 1J2
Cook, Julia E. 6332 V80
Coughlin, Taylor C. 6174 VLA
Demoney, Austin M. 0671 092
Dunlap, Kagan M. 0352 V23
Epperson, Andrew S. 6672 1JA
Gogue, Alaura D. 5524 KA2
Gonzalez, Jose R. 0311 060
Goudswaard, Joshua T. 2629 989
Gunning, Christopher M. 3451 TMG
Guzman, Frankie J. 6113 VHG
Hagy, Thomas G. 6153 1HN
Hallahan, Michael J. 0511 1Y1
Heine, William J. 6492 1JQ
Hering II, William G. 0341 V27
Herrera, Christopher A, 5821 1SJ
Irizarry Jr., Jose E. 1142 1EA
Leonard, Matthew A. 0111 023
Luce, Michael B. 5811 012
Malone, Zachary M. 0629 971
Marquez, Joshua E. 0231 VMJ
Miller, Nathan S. 6483 040
Miranda, Jordan N. 6323 042
Parker, Anthony G. 7051 160
Peters, Joshua K. 0341 SJQ
Poreider IV, Louis E. 6469 1JT
Rockhill, Julius R. 6672 J22
Smith, Dakota D. 3531 1PF
Solberg, Trevor L. 5512 281
Swartz, Jonathan J. 0231 TM6
Tumukunde, Yannick 6483 043
Tuttle, Justin W. 6073 1JU
Tyler, Corbin J. 3043 1V2
Vincent, Craig A. 6694 1CZ
Zimmerman, Christian L. 6338 G9K
Name PMOS MCC
Bishop, Don E. 5524 143
Blanchard, Joshua J. 7257 G91
Brown, Michael A. 0369 V32
Davis, Eric R. 6156 VMD
Dominguez, Kristopher A. 6469 1JW
Fogleson, Daniel T. 0211 115
Gatesman, Richard A. 2641 818
Glehsbarbeau, Brock w. 6113 1HN
Groves, Scott A. 0311 V38
Hargrove, Cedric K. 3521 R08
Hipp, Brandon C. 4821 122
Karczewski, Daniel J. 6672 1JW
Lingard, Tyler D. 7041 1JE
Matney, Jacob R. 6048 VMJ
Merkley, Garret C. 6531 040
Moretz, Clare B. 2847 1XC
Sanders, Joshua L. 0431 V23
Sze, Phillip R. 3432 TKZ
Tucker, Benjamin C. 5524 016
Vasko Jr., Thomas A. 0311 038
Young, Crystal L. 6469 1JS
Zeno, Luis M. 0111 ARP
Name PMOS MCC
Duso, Joshua D 6314 S43
2. Non-selects. Marines who were not selected refer to ref (A) chapter one. For more information and career counseling, call DSN 278-9241 or commercial (703) 784-9241 or 1-(800)-833-2320 or visit their website at www.manpower.usmc.mil. Select top requests then Enlisted Career Counselors.
3. To ensure your Marine is prepared for this next chapter in their careers, it is highly recommended they be assigned a Company Grade Officer within your command as a mentor. This Marine Officer should assist with a physical training regimen that will prepare the Marine for the rigorous demands of OCS. Additionally, the Marine Officer should mentor the Officer Candidate to ensure they are aware of and prepared for the expectations at OCS, The Basic School (TBS), and life as a Company Grade Officer. Assistance and additional information can be found at website www.trngcmd.marines.mil. Select Units, then OCS or TBS. The OCS Physical Training Preparation Pack is listed at www.trngcmd.marines.mil/Units/Northeast/Officer-Candidates-School/GENERAL-INFORMATION/PHYSICAL-FITNESS-DOCUMENTS/. Further links for academics preparation and overall OCS curriculum is also on the OCS web page.
4. Point of contact (POC) information. Marines are directed to send their current POC information electronically to both the MCRC POC listed in paragraph 14 and the OCS POC listed in paragraph 15 of Ref (F), within one week from release of this MARADMIN. Email subject line must read “last name (respective Program) Select POC information”. Marines are directed to use the E-O select POC information sample on the MCRC website at www.mcrc.marines.mil. Select Marine Officer, then Officer Naval/Enlisted Applicants. The E-O select POC information sample is located under General Forms. Marines must submit the Microsoft Word version of POC format without signature. An update must be provided if there are any changes to the original POC sheet. Marines are directed to provide POC information for each level of their endorsing chain of command as directed on the POC sheet. Marines are also directed to notify their primary military occupational specialty monitor of their selection.
5. Selected AR Marines must be non-competitively augmented to the active component at the time of selection. To accomplish this, the AR select must initiate a Prior Service Enlisted Package to Manpower Enlisted Assignments (MMEA-1) via their Career Planner to coordinate the augmentation per ref (D).
6. Commanders and Marines. Refer to ref (A) chapter one for information pertaining to status change or removal recommendations. Formal requests for OCS deferments or declinations must be forwarded via the endorsing chain of command through the General Officer (GO) level, to CG, MCRC. Recommend a courtesy copy of the initial request with parent command endorsement be sent electronically to MCRC POC pending receipt of all endorsements. With the exception of a medical situation, all selectees are required to attend OCS within one year of selection. If a selectee is not shipped to OCS within one year, the selectee will be disenrolled from the program.
7. Medical. Marines must be determined medically qualified by BUMED per ref (G) prior to reporting to OCS. BUMED is the authorizing authority for determining Marines medically qualified for OCS. Marines and their commands are not permitted to contact BUMED directly. OCS class dates are tentative and subject to change. Refer to ref (A), Commanders Intent, pertaining to OCS opportunities. MCRC POC will notify Marines of their medical qualification status and schedule them for the first available OCC once qualified by BUMED.
8. Pre OCS information.
a. Commanders and Marines are directed to use the OCS website referenced in paragraph 3 and the MCRC website referenced in paragraph 4 of this MARADMIN. For the OCS website, select the "Candidates Information" to prepare for OCS, and for pertinent OCS information.
b. OCC 229 convenes 8 September 2018. Marines scheduled for this class are directed to submit the pre-ship checklist located on the MCRC website, to the MCRC POC only by 8 August 2018 for OCC 229. Officers in Charge and Marines are to ensure all information on pre-ship checklist is completely filled out, to include PFT, height, weight, max weight, body fat percentage, and signatures. Marines who are not in receipt of orders to attend OCC 229 will mark "no" for question 25 and state "awaiting medical qualification and funding".
c. A minimum PFT score of 220 is required for OCS induction per ref (C). PFT must be taken no earlier than 8 July 2018, no later than 8 August 2018, and annotated in the PFT portion of checklist. Below are the PFT event requirements for males and females.
a. Pull ups minimum is 8 reps
b. Push ups minimum is 62 reps
c. Crunches minimum is 70 reps
d. 3 miles run minimum is 24 mins
a. Pull ups minimum is 1 reps
b. Push ups minimum is 34 reps
c. Crunches minimum is 70 reps
d. 3 miles run minimum is 27 mins
Please refer to paragraph 15 for clarifying information. Do not send checklists to OCS POC.
d. All "yes" answers to questions 4 through 9 on the checklist that have not been previously disclosed or waived by MCRC at time of application must include a signed applicable form or detailed handwritten statement explaining events, to include supporting documentation per ref (D).
e. If question 29 on the checklist is marked "no", the Marines Security Officer must provide supporting documentation as directed per chapter one of ref (A).
9. Funding. Selected and deferred MECEP and ECP Marines, determined medically qualified will be notified of their medical qualification by the MCRC POC. Upon notification, a funding letter will beprovided to the scheduled Marines to submit to their parent commands for issuance of Temporary Additional Duty orders to attend OCS. All questions concerning funding, should be directed to the POC located on the funding letter. AR Marines must submit an updated copy of their basic individual record to verify their component before a funding letter can be provided. Selected and deferred RECP and MCP-R Marines determined medically qualified will be notified by MCRC POC and should then contact Reserve Affairs (RAM) at commercial (703)784-0533 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for orders-writing instructions. All scheduled Marines are directed to forward electronically, a complete copy of flight itinerary if flying, respond "privately owned vehicle" (POV) or "drop off to OCS", regardless of the status of orders. Scheduled Marines on non-local funded travel must provide a copy of approved Defense Travel System orders or DD Form 1610 with line of accounting and itemized printout of daily costs to MCRC POC. Scheduled Marines on local non-funded travel must provide command-endorsed orders. All above information must be received to MCRC POC 1 week prior to reporting to OCS.
10. Post OCS graduation. After graduation from OCS, Marines will report back to their parent commands. All claims for travel reimbursement must be completed upon return to parent command or directed duty station. Upon verification of graduation from OCS and receipt of a NROTC-affiliated school acceptance letter with directed semester start outlined in ref (D), the MCRC POC will request permanent change of station (PCS) or permanent change of assignment (PCA) orders for MECEPs. MECEPs are not authorized to initiate any PCS or PCA moves before being issued orders. Upon submission of a NROTC-affiliated school acceptance letter, MECEPs will receive PCS orders within 60 days of the NROTC-affiliated school report date. No exceptions will be made for this policy except for PCA moves or a medical situation. ECPs, RECPs, MCP-Rs, and deferred Marines will receive PCS orders prior to departing OCS to execute from their parent command or directed duty station to TBS. MECEPs refer to refs (A) and (H) for obligated service and pertinent information. Questions pertaining to re-enlistments/extensions per ref (H) should be directed to Manpower Enlisted Assignments (MMEA-1) at DSN 378-9235 or (703) 784-9235. MECEPs are directed to contact the Marine Officer Instructor or Assistant Marine Officer Instructor at their desired NROTC-affiliated school listed at website www.nrotc.navy.mil. MECEPs are not authorized to attend graduate school. MECEPs are not authorized PCS moves to transfer to another college or university from which originally ordered without prior approval from MCRC. Only NROTC-affiliated schools will be accepted. Waivers to attend non-NROTC-affiliated schools will not be entertained.
11. Additional information.
a. Marines are considered officer candidates while attending OCS, and are entitled to pay and allowances commensurate with the enlisted grade shown on the original orders to OCS, but not less than that prescribed for a sergeant. Upon completion of training at OCS, the original pay and allowances for corporals and below will be restored.
b. Officer candidates who are disenrolled and do not successfully graduate OCS will return to their parent commands. MCRC POC will provide official notification of disenrollment with next course of action upon receipt of official disenrollment package from OCS.
c. Officer candidates are directed to use ref (F) and the OCS website listed in paragraph three for specific requirements concerning arrival information, dress code, required gear, grooming, fitness reports, medical requirements, administrative requirements, PFT scoring and fitness preparation until the Fall 2018 guidance is released.
d. Officer candidates are required to participate in training for a minimum period of four weeks, unless sooner disenrolled for cause, before any voluntary request for disenrollment will be considered. The CO, OCS, is authorized to effect involuntary disenrollment for cause during any phase of training. The CO, OCS, can recommend, OCS classes for E-O applicants that are disenrolled from OCS; however, CG, MCRC, is the adjudicating official.
12. Officer candidates must ensure prior to departing OCS that they obtain their medical records and record books (if applicable).
13. As a reminder and per ref (D), the next selection board application deadline is 13 July 2018. The second FY19 board will convene 15 October 2018. No extensions will be entertained. Marines or commands that cannot meet the established application deadline must apply to the next available board per ref (D).
14. The MCRC POC for this MARADMIN is Ms. Troi Spencer. Please refer to POC information at the beginning of this MARADMIN for telephone number or email email@example.com.
15. The OCS POC is Student Activities Section at commercial (703) 784-3223, or email OCS_CSA@usmc.mil.
16. This MarAdmin is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
17. This MarAdmin is cancelled 1 November 2018.
18. Release authorized by Major General James W. Bierman Jr., Commanding General, Marine Corps Recruiting Command.//