FISCAL YEAR 2020 LIMITED DUTY OFFICER (LDO) PROGRAM
Date Signed: 7/3/2018
MARADMINS Number: 374/18
R 030805Z JUL 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2020 LIMITED DUTY OFFICER (LDO) PROGRAM//
REF/C/DOC/TITLE 10 U.S.C.//
REF/D/MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC/14OCT16//
NARR/REF A IS SECNAVINST 1412.9B, MARINE CORPS LIMITED DUTY OFFICER (LDO) AND WARRANT OFFICER (WO) PROGRAMS, PROMOTIONS, AND CONTINUATION PROCEDURES, WHICH GOVERNS THE PROCUREMENT AND APPOINTMENT OF LIMITED DUTY OFFICERS (LDOS) AND CHIEF WARRANT OFFICERS (CWOS). REF B IS MCO 1040.42A, LIMITED DUTY OFFICER (LDO) AND WARRANT OFFICER (WO) PROGRAMS, WHICH PROVIDES ADMINISTRATIVE GUIDANCE IN THE APPLICATION PROCESS FOR THE LDO AND WO PROGRAMS. REF C IS TITLE 10, UNITED STATES CODE (U.S.C.) CHAPTER 33A, WHICH GOVERNS THE APPOINTMENT, PROMOTION, AND INVOLUNTARY SEPARATION AND RETIREMENT FOR MEMBERS ON THE WARRANT OFFICER ACTIVE DUTY LIST. REF D IS MARADMIN 548/16, OFFICIAL MILITARY PERSONNEL FILE (OMPF) PHOTOGRAPH GUIDANCE. REF E IS THE MILITARY OCCUPATIONAL SPECIALTY MANUAL WHICH PROVIDES LDO MOS REQUIREMENTS.//
POC/C. A. ZOELLNER/MAJ/MMOA3/-/TEL: DSN 278-9284/EMAIL: SMBMANPOWEROFFICERPR@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN announces the FY20 Chief Warrant Officer (CWO) to Limited Duty Officer (LDO) Selection Board and solicitation for applications.
2. On or about 18 September 2018, a selection board will convene at HQMC for approximately 1 week to select qualified CWOs for appointment as LDOs. References (a) through (c) provide governing policies and instructions for application, eligibility, and selection procedures for the subject board.
3. Reference (a) requires applicants to have completed 8 years of restricted officer service in order to apply for the LDO program. For the execution of this board, the 8 years of restricted officer service may be requested to be waived to a minimum of 5 years based upon an ending calculation date of 1 March 2019. Additionally, the requirement for no more than 20 years of active naval service may be requested to be waived up to 22 years. Applicants shall compute active naval service from the start date of their Armed Forces Active Duty Base Date (AFADBD) to the ending date of 1 March 2019. Applicants shall request all waivers in their applications.
4. Officers who have twice failed selection for promotion to the next higher CWO grade are not eligible for consideration. This requirement will not be waived. Waivers for other eligibility criteria contained in reference (a) shall not be considered.
5. CMC (MPP-35) has provided MOSs to be considered by the board. MOS categories identified as closed will not be considered during this board and applications received for closed MOSs shall be returned with no action taken. MOS categories to be considered are: 0430, 0605, 1705, 2102, 2305, 2340, 2802, 3102, 3302, 5902, 6004, 6302, 6502, and 6802. Applicants must meet all requirements for the LDO MOS being requested as detailed within reference (f).
6. Officers selected to the LDO program shall incur a 3 year service obligation upon acceptance of their appointment to the rank of captain in accordance with references (a) and (b).
7.a. The application process for this board has changed significantly from years past. Changes will be incorporated into reference (b) during next revision. Applicants will apply using the following instructions:
7.b. Applications should be submitted via NAVMC 10274 (Administrative Action Form) to CMC (MMOA-3) via the board portal. Applications should include the following as enclosures:
7.b.1. Certified copy of NAVMC 118 (Pg 13) (if applicable)
7.b.2. Certified copy of NAVMC 118 (Pg 12) (if applicable)
7.b.3. Certified copy of all entries on NAVMC 118 (Pg 11)
7.c. Applications shall be reviewed, routed, and endorsed through the fitness report routing chain up to the first general officer in the applicants chain of command to ensure that only fully qualified applicants are recommended for consideration. Endorsements do not need to be formatted IAW reference (b), but should include a recommendation in one of the following categories:
a. Recommended with enthusiasm.
b. Recommended with confidence.
c. Recommended with reservation.
d. Not recommended.
7.d. Applications shall reach the CMC (MMOA-3) via the board portal NLT 31 August 2018. Submissions shall be uploaded to the corresponding web based board portal by the applicant at https:(slash)(slash)www.manpower.usmc.mil/application. Electronic transmission and uploading of applications to the web portal eliminates the requirement for a NAVMC 941 to be completed as required by reference (b): receipt of the completed application shall be provided electronically by CMC (MMOA-3).
7.e. An example application is available on the MMOA-3, Manpower Management, Manpower&Reserve Affairs website at https:(slash)(slash)www.manpower.usmc.mil.
7.f. Applicants should conduct a thorough OMPF review to ensure the accuracy of their electronic record and Master Brief Sheet.
7.g. All applicants should have a current photograph within their OMPF two weeks prior to the convening date of the board. Reference (d) contain guidance for the update and submission of photographs to HQMC for inclusion in the OMPF.
8. Correspondence forwarded after the deadline shall include full name, rank, unit, EDIPI, and shall be addressed to: “President, FY20 CWO to LDO Selection Board”. Correspondence received after the deadline will only be accepted with the approval of the board president: send late correspondence electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Commanders are directed to disseminate this announcement to all eligible Marines within their command. Applicants who do not meet eligibility criteria or whose applications are not submitted in accordance with these instructions and references (a) through (c) shall not be presented to the board for consideration: such applications will be returned with no action taken.
10. Additional information related to this program and selection board is maintained by MMOA-3 on the MMOA-3, Manpower Management, Manpower&Reserve Affairs website at https:(slash)(slash)www.manpower.usmc.mil.
11. Release authorized by C. F. Swain, Deputy Director, Manpower Management Division.//