CALL FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE 2018 53RD NATIONAL MONTFORD POINT MARINE ASSOCIATION CONVENTION
Date Signed: 7/3/2018
MARADMINS Number: 375/18
R 031530Z JUL 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP/MPE//
SUBJ/CALL FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE 2018 53RD NATIONAL MONTFORD POINT MARINE ASSOCIATION CONVENTION//
POC/M.J. SHEPPARD/CIV/CMC (MPE)/-/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: MARC.SHEPPARD@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN announces the 2018 53rd National Montford Point Marine Association, Incorporation (NMPMA) Convention from 25-29 July 2018 at the Hilton Garden Inn, 1016 Jacksonville Parkway, Jacksonville, North Carolina 28546. Colonel Ahmed T. Williamson, OCS Commanding Officer, will be guest speaker during the awards banquet on 28 July 2018.
2. The NMPMA mission is “to promote and preserve the strong bonds of friendship born from shared adversities and to devote ourselves to the furtherance of these accomplishments to ensure more peaceful times.”
3. Subject to conference approval, CMC (MPE) will sponsor a limited number of conference/registration fees and all travel expenses. Commanders may authorize Temporary Additional Duty for Marines, civilian Marines and Sailors who are attached to Marine units to attend. Local travel is authorized for members in the local area. All Marine Corps funded participation will be coordinated through the HQMC MRA Equal Opportunity and Diversity Management (MPE) Branch. Reservations will be given on a first-come first-served basis. Rental cars are not authorized.
4. Marines not funded by MPE may register using their personal funds by accessing the Montford Point Marine Association website, or by contacting the convention director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 504-202-8552. The registration fee is 460 dollars. Commanders may utilize PTAD or authorize leave for Marines to attend. Marines in a PTAD and/or leave status will be required to pay their per diem, travel expenses, and registration fees.
5. Marines may contact MPE POC to obtain conference reservations NLT 13 Jul 2018.
6. More information can be found on the NMPMA website at www.montfordpointmarines.org.
7. The uniform of the day for Marines attending the PME is Service “C” with ribbons. The uniform for the awards banquet is Evening Dress Blue “B”, or Service “A” with ribbons and badges. Formal attire will be worn for the awards banquet.
8. NMPMA is a non-federal entity wholly independent of the Marine Corps.
9. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
10. Release authorized by (SES) Dr. M. R. Strobl, Director, Manpower Plans and Policy Division, Manpower and Reserve Affairs, Acting.//