CALENDAR YEAR 2017 MARINE CORPS INTELLIGENCE AND NATIONAL MILITARY INTELLIGENCE FOUNDATION AWARDS SELECTION ANNOUNCEMENT
Date Signed: 7/11/2018
MARADMINS Number: 386/18
R 111839Z JUL 18
MSGID/GENADMIN,USMTF,2007/CMC WASHINGTON DC I//
SUBJ/CALENDAR YEAR 2017 MARINE CORPS INTELLIGENCE AND NATIONAL MILITARY INTELLIGENCE FOUNDATION AWARDS SELECTION ANNOUNCEMENT//
REF/A/MSGID: MARADMIN 650/17/
CMC WASHINGTON DC I/R 301817Z NOV 17//
AMPN/REF A SOLICITED NOMINATIONS FOR THE
1. Congratulations to all the nominees for the 2017 Marine Corps Intelligence Awards Program (MCIAP) and the National Military Intelligence Foundation (NMIF) Marine Corps Awards.
2. The MCIAP recognizes intelligence Marines, civilians, and units that best exemplify excellence in intelligence, innovation, and dedication to mission accomplishment within the operating forces, Supporting Establishment, and Marine Corps Reserve. The superior quality of the nominees made selection exceptionally challenging and reflects the outstanding performance of our intelligence professionals within the Marine Corps Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Enterprise.
3. I am pleased to announce the following MCIAP selectees:
3a. The LtCol Michael D. Kuszewski Marine Corps Intelligence Officer of the Year Award: Capt Jeffrey D. Illies USMC, Intelligence Officer, Special Operations Command Pacific.
3b. The MGySgt Samuel C. Plott Marine Corps Intelligence Staff Noncommissioned Officer of the Year Award: GySgt Douglas F. Ortiz USMC, Special Operations Capabilities Specialist, Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command.
3c. The MSgt Charles C. Arndt Marine Corps Intelligence Noncommissioned Officer of the Year Award: Sgt Hunter C. Sapp USMC, SIGINT Support Team Leader, Task Force Southwest J2.
3d. The LCpl James E. Swain Marine Corps Intelligence Enlisted Marine of the Year Award: LCpl Thomas E. Chambers Jr. USMC, Signals Analyst, Joint Intelligence Operations Center, Pacific.
3e. The Mr. John J. Guenther Marine Corps Intelligence Civilian of the Year Award: Mr. Frederick Swartzendruber, Intelligence Analyst, Marine Corps Intelligence Activity.
3f. The Director of Intelligence Innovation Award: S-2, 1st Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion.
3g. The Director Of Intelligence Unit of the Year Award (DIRINT’S Cup): S-2, Task Force Lion, Marine Corps Central Command.
3h. The Marine Corps Language Professional of the Year: LCpl Christopher Levine, Marine Cryptologic Support Battalion.
3i. The Marine Corps Command Language Program of the Year: 3d Radio Battalion.
4. The MCIAP selectees will be honored at a dinner on 20 September 2018 in Arlington, VA.
5. I am also pleased to announce the selectees for the 2017 NMIF Colonel Donald G. Cook USMC, Award and the Colonel James L. Jones USMCR, Award. The NMIF Cook and Jones Awards recognize professional excellence and exceptional dedication to duty for an active duty Marine or government civilian and a Marine Corps Reserve intelligence professional, respectively. The 2017 NMIF Col Cook Award selectee is Sgt Palmer G. Boykin USMC, Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command. The 2017 NMIF Col Jones Award selectee is Maj Thomas J. Leslie USMCR, Defense Intelligence Agency. Sgt Boykin and Maj Leslie were honored at a dinner on 3 Jun 2018.
6. I extend my sincere congratulations to these intelligence professionals and their families who display such outstanding professionalism and commitment to our Corps.
7. Release authorized by BGen D. Henry, Director of Intelligence, Headquarters, U.S. Marine Corps.//