MARINE CORPS COUNTERINTELLIGENCE ASSOCIATION (MCCIA) CALENDAR YEAR 2017 (CY17) SUPERIOR ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS
Date Signed: 7/11/2018
MARADMINS Number: 387/18
R 111853Z JUL 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC I/-/-//
SUBJ/MARINE CORPS COUNTERINTELLIGENCE ASSOCIATION (MCCIA) CALENDAR YEAR 2017 (CY17) SUPERIOR ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS//
POC/C. R. SHELDON/MSGT/CIH/CMC WASHINGTON DC I/ TEL: 703-614-2219/EMAIL: CHARLES.SHELDON@USMC.MIL//
REF/A/MCCIA SUPERIOR ACHIEVEMENT AWARD NOMINATIONS,
REQUEST FOR/11 JUN 18//
NARR/REF A IS THE SOLICITATION MESSAGE FOR THE MCCIA
SUPERIOR ACHIEVEMENT AWARD NOMINATIONS//
1. (U) This MARADMIN solicits nominations for the MCCIA annual Superior Achievement Awards. The MCCIA Superior Achievement Awards consist of three separate awards, named in honor of 1stLt Nathan Krissof, CWO Solomon Godwin, and Sgt Michael Kashkoush.
2. (U) Eligibility. These awards recognize active duty and reserve (on active duty) Marine Corps counterintelligence (CI) and human intelligence (HUMINT) personnel in MOS 0204, 0210, and 0211 for outstanding individual achievement during CY17. CI/HUMINT Marines who have distinguished themselves through the conduct of CI/HUMINT activities, to include collections, analysis, production, functional services, and leadership, are eligible for nomination by their commands. One award will be given for each of the three MOSs identified above.
3. (U) Nomination submission, selection, and award process. Nominations must be unclassified and submitted with command endorsement electronically to the CIH POC listed above. Nominations will be assessed according to significance of achievements, professional and personal qualities, relative difficulty and complexity of achievements, level of innovation, and personal resourcefulness.
3.a. (U) Nominations should be in standard naval format, 12 point Courier New font. Each nomination should include: a summary of achievements, not to exceed two pages, which focuses on the qualities described in paragraph 3. above and which provides the nominee’s full name, organization, mailing address, email address, and phone and fax numbers if appropriate; and a biography of the nominee, not to exceed one page.
3.b. (U) Nominations will be submitted to CI/HUMINT Branch (CIH) no later than 15 August 2018. No late submissions will be accepted. Recipients will be notified in late August 2018. Awards will be presented at a ceremony on 13 September at the Francis Marion Hotel in Charleston, South Carolina. Lodging and meals for award recipients plus one, or their designee, will be provided by the association.
4. (U) The MCCIA POC for this program is CWO3 Jeffery Gonzales (retired), Chairman, MCCIA. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, please include mccia-directors@MCCIA.org on any queries.
5. (U) Release authorized by BGen D. Henry, Director, Intelligence Department, Headquarters Marine Corps.//