FY 2018 FOOD SERVICE SPECIALIST OF THE YEAR AWARD WINNERS
Date Signed: 8/1/2018
MARADMINS Number: 426/18
R 011855Z AUG 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC L LF//
SUBJ/FY 2018 FOOD SERVICE SPECIALIST OF THE YEAR AWARD WINNERS//
REF/A/MSGID: MARADMIN/219/18/YMD: 20180416//
POC/B.S. BLANTON/MGYSGT/UNIT: MCICOM G4/HQMC/TEL: DSN 664-4159//
POC/D.A. JAMES/GYSGT/UNIT: MCICOM G4/HQMC/TEL: DSN 664-5433//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Congratulations to all Marines who were nominated and performed so commendably during the competition for the FY 2018 Major General W.P.T. Hill Memorial Awards Program for Food Service Excellence, Food Service Specialist of the Year Award. This award recognizes excellence and outstanding dedication to duty for food service professionals.
2. We are pleased to announce the recipients of the Food Service Specialist of the Year Award. Their professionalism, commitment to excellence, devotion to duty, and technical expertise reflected great credit upon themselves, the food service community, and engendered a lasting contribution to the Marine Corps.
3. Active duty Staff Non-Commissioned Officer winner:
3.A. SSgt Adrianne R. Devera
3.B. Headquarters and Headquarters Squadron, Marine Corps Air Station, Futenma, Japan
4. Active duty Staff Non-Commissioned Officer runner up:
4.A. SSgt Edwin S. Correaalverca
4.B. Headquarters and Service Company, Marine Barracks, 8TH and I Streets S.E., Washington, D.C.
5. Active duty Non-Commissioned Officer winner:
5.A. Sgt Darnell Morris
5.B. Headquarters and Service Company, Marine Barracks, 8TH and I Street S.E., Washington, D.C.
6. Active duty Non-Commissioned Officer runner up:
6.A. Cpl Collin Z. Brewer
6.B. Food Service Company, Headquarters Regiment, 2D Marine Logistics Group, Camp Lejeune, NC
7. Reserve Non-Commissioned Officer winner:
7.A. Sgt Michael D. Wykes
7.B. Headquarters and Service Company, 1ST Battalion, 24TH Marines, 25TH Regiment, Air National Guard Base, Selfridge, MI
8. The winners will be recognized and presented their awards at the Culinary Institute of America Greystone Campus, Napa Valley, California. The inclusive dates for this class session are 10 to 16 Nov 2018.
9. Release authorized by MajGen V. A. Coglianese, Assistant Deputy Commandant Installations and Logistics (Facilities)/ Commander, Marine Corps Installations Command.//