FY18-02 TEST PILOT SCHOOL (TPS) SELECTION BOARD RESULTS
Date Signed: 8/6/2018
MARADMINS Number: 428/18
R 060918Z JUL 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FY18-02 TEST PILOT SCHOOL (TPS) SELECTION BOARD RESULTS//
REF/A/ MSGID: DOC/CMC WASHINGTON DC/YMD: 20160531//
REF/B/ MSGID: DOC/CMC WASHINGTON DC/YMD: 20140918//
REF/C/ MSGID: MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC MM/DTG: 101202Z APR 18//
NARR/REF A IS MCO 1542.3C, UNITED STATES NAVY TEST PILOT SCHOOLS. REF B IS MCO 1300.8, MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENT POLICY. REF C TEST PILOT SCHOOL (TPS) SELECTION BOARD ANNOUNCEMENT.//
POC/E.NORTHAM/MAJ/XO/MAD PATUXENT RIVER/TEL:(301) 342-1421, DSN 342-1421, E-MAIL: ERIC.R.NORTHAM1@NAVY.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The FY18-02 TPS selection board convened on 27 June 2018 aboard NAS Patuxent River in accordance with the references.
2. The FY18-02 TPS primary selections for assignment to the U.S. Naval/U.S. Air Force TPS are as follows:
Rank Name MOS Selected for
Capt Armstrong, Ross 7509 AFTPS 19-B, AV-8B VX-31/NAWS China Lk
Capt Gerritsen, Tristan 7523 NTPS 157, F-18 VX-31/NAS Pax River
Capt Noll, Jason 7532 NTPS 157, MV-22B HX-21/NAS Pax River
Capt Kahrs, Jordan 7557 NTPS 157, KC-130 VX-20/NAS Pax River
Capt Jones, Michael 7523 NTPS 157, F/A-18 VX-23/NAS Pax River
Maj Min, Andrew 7525 NTPS 157, F/A-18 VX-31/NAS China Lake
3. The FY18-02 TPS alternate selections for assignment to the U.S. Naval TPS are as follows:
Rank Name MOS Alternate for
Capt Taylor, Devin 7509 AV-8B VX-31/NAWS China Lake
Capt Lane, Daniel 7523 F-18 VX-31/NAS Pax River
Capt Cecil, Thomas 7532 MV-22B HX-21/NAS Pax River
Capt Shrewsbury, Donald 7557 KC-130 VX-20/NAS Pax River
4. Officers selected should contact their monitor to accept school assignment orders within two weeks of the release of this message.
5. The quantity and type, model, series (T/M/S) requirement for pilot, NFO, and UAS selectees is based upon anticipated testing requirements for aircraft procurement programs up to two years in advance. Because testing requirements change, the quantity and T/M/S to be selected can and do change up to the date of the board. For this reason, all interested pilots and NFOs were encouraged to submit packages. Officers who submitted packages but were not selected and desire to be considered on future boards are required to re-submit their application, including online applications, all required enclosures, and command endorsements.
6. For additional information, contact Maj Northam, XO, Marine Aviation Detachment, Patuxent River, MD at comm (301) 342-1421 or DSN 342-1421 or via email at email@example.com.
7. This MARADMIN is not applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
8. Release authorized by MajGen Craig C. Crenshaw, Director, Manpower Management Division.//