ANNOUNCEMENT OF BASIC ORDER SYSTEM
Date Signed: 8/7/2018
MARADMINS Number: 430/18
R 061945Z AUG 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MI//
SUBJ/ANNOUNCEMENT OF BASIC ORDER SYSTEM//
POC/PETERSON JEANPIERRE/SSGT/HQMC-MMIB-1/-/TEL: DSN 278-9971/EMAIL: SMB.MANPOWER.MMIB1@USMC.MIL
GENTEX/REMARKS/1. Purpose. This MARADMIN announces the integration of the Basic Orders System (BOS) within the Outbound Interview (OBI) module of Marine Online (MOL).
2. Action. Effective 18 June 2018 the BOS was implemented to provide the field with the ability to retrieve PCA/PCS orders. The BOS replaces Web Orders as the official permanent change of station-orders system for the Marine Corps.
3. Marines issued PCA/PCS orders will be able to access their orders from within the OBI module in MOL. Additionally, Unit Leaders with Outbound Management access in MOL will be able to access PCA/PCS orders for Marines in their command from the Outbound Tracker. Those personnel with access to Unit Diary/Marine Integrated Personnel System (UD/MIPS) will be able to access PCA/PCS orders issued to any Marine. Marines will not be authorized to detach from their command without a proper endorsement to the Basic Order from their supporting IPAC/stand-alone admin unit.
4. Training. Training material on how to access the BOS is available at https:(slash)(slash)eis.usmc.mil/sites/missa/knowledge/Knowledge%20Media/OBI_Basic_Orders_System.pptx
5. Effective 26 July 2018 the Web Orders system was deactivated, and the link to the Web Orders system in MOL will be removed with the October Software Release.
6. This message has been coordinated with HQMC MI and MM.
7. Release authorized by LtGen M. A. Rocco, Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//