MARADMINS : 438/18
R 131700Z AUG 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MF//
SUBJ/HQMC SEMPER FIT SEEKS APPLICATIONS FOR THE ALL-MARINE RUNNING TEAM//
POC/B.SOSCIA/CAPT/MFS/-/TEL:703-432-0732/TEL:DSN 278- 5779/TEL: FAX 703-784-4125/EMAIL:BRIAN.SOSCIA(AT)USMC MCCS.ORG//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Headquarters Marine Corps (HQMC) Semper Fit is seeking applications from active duty Marines interested in participating on the All-Marine Running Team.
2. The All-Marine Running Team is a men's and women's running program offering athletes the opportunity to represent the United States Marine Corps in the Cross Country and Marathon Armed Forces Championships, along with potential qualifying events for each. Based upon place and/or timed results in Armed Forces events, the opportunity to represent Team USA at Conseil International du Sport Militaire events exists. Both male and female Marines are encouraged to apply.
3. The minimum standards for applying are as follows:
4. All-Marine Running Team athletes will work with HQMC Semper Fit Sports Operations Officer and the All-Marine Running Team Coach once selected onto the All-Marine Running Team.
5. Interested Marines must submit an online sports application to HQMC Semper Fit. The All-Marine online application system can be accessed at www.usmcmccs.org/services/Fitness/all-marine sports. Marines must create an account before accessing the application system. Applications must contain command endorsement and qualifying times for the distance events applied for. For any technical issues with the All-Marine online application system please contact the listed POC.
6. All applicants must have a valid passport, valid Government Travel Charge Card and an active Defense travel System account in order to compete.
7. Funding for the All-Marine Running Team is available to active duty Marines only.
8. This message is cancelled on 30 September 2019.
9. Release authorized by SES, Mrs. M. C. Balocki, Acting Director, Marine and Family Programs Division.//