2018 LOGISTICS INNOVATION CHALLENGE
Date Signed: 8/14/2018
MARADMINS Number: 443/18
R 141400Z AUG 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC L WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/2018 LOGISTICS INNOVATION CHALLENGE//
POC/LUCAS, GREGORY/CAPT/HQMC, LPV-3 NEXLOG/TEL: (703) 614-4246/EMAIL: GREGORY.LUCAS@USMC.MIL//
POC/WALSH, JENNIFER/CTR/HQMC, LPV-3 NEXLOG/TEL: (757) 469-9315/EMAIL: JENNIFER.WALSH.CTR@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This message serves as an announcement for the third annual Deputy Commandant for Installations and Logistics (DC, IL) 2018 Logistics Innovation Challenge. The purpose of this challenge is to solicit ideas from across the Department of Defense. This Innovation Challenge is seeking solutions in Data Driven Logistics and General Logistics but welcomes other logistics-related innovative ideas as well.
2. Vision: Todays logistics operational environment requires and generates vast amounts of data. We are looking for innovative ways to sense, collect, respond, and exploit this data to increase the effectiveness and lethality of force. Some uses may include analytics, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
3. The Logistics Innovation Challenge is open from 31 July 2018 to 15 Sept 2018. Participation will take place on an idea crowdsourcing platform at http:(SLASH)(SLASH)www.usmclogchallenge.md5.net. Challenge winners from both categories (Data Driven Logistics and General Logistics) will be announced via MARADMIN, the md5 website, and e-mail no later than 30 Sep 2018. DC, IL will support travel costs and funding for the Innovation Challenge winners to develop prototype ideas.
4. Individuals are encouraged to work and submit as teams. Individuals and teams are allowed to submit more than one idea. Everyone is encouraged to comment on ideas throughout the submission period to continue an idea's development. A submission is not required prior to commenting on the site.
5. Media. The 2018 Logistics Innovation Challenge will be advertised and updated over a variety of mediums.
5.a. Other media sources include:
IL website: http:(SLASH)(SLASH)www.iandl.marines.mil
6. Details on evaluation criteria and submission requirements can be found at the md5 website.
7. Release authorized by LtGen Charles G. Chiarotti, Deputy Commandant for Installations and Logistics.//