R 161630Z AUG 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/CHANGES TO CREW MEMBER FLIGHT DUTY PAY AND DIVE PAY RATES//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/DOD/YMD: 20180126//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/ASN/YMD: 20180501//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/MCO/YMD: 20151022//
AMPN/ REF A IS DOD INSTRUCTION 1340.09, HAZARD PAY PROGRAM. REF B IS ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF THE NAVY (MANPOWER AND RESERVE AFFAIRS) MEMORANDUM, DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY GUIDANCE FOR THE HAZARD PAY PROGRAM. REF C IS MARINE CORPS ORDER 3150.4A, MARINE CORPS DIVE POLICY AND PROGRAM ADMINISTRATION.//
POC/ ALAN HARGIS/CIV/UNIT: MPO-40/TEL: 703-784-9386 EMAIL: ALAN.HARGIS@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Crew Member Flight Duty Pay and Dive Pay is a pay for the frequency and regular performance of hazardous duty authorized by reference (a) and is intended to encourage officer and enlisted Marines to volunteer to perform such duties despite their inherent dangers.
2. Crew Member Flight Duty Pay.
2.a. Effective 1 October 2018, as authorized in reference (b), the Marine Corps is establishing the following monthly rates for officer and enlisted Marines performing Crew Member Flight Duty. The rates are based on years of service (YOS) determined by Pay Entry Base Date. Read in two columns.
YOS Monthly Dollar Amount
2 or less 150
Over 2 165
Over 4 190
Over 8 215
Over 12 240
2.b. Non-crew member flight pay will remain 150 dollars per month.
3. Dive Pay.
3.a. Effective 1 October 2018, as authorized in reference (b), the Marine Corps is establishing the monthly rate of 215 dollars for officer and enlisted Marines performing Combatant Dive Duty.
3.b. Student divers will continue to receive 150 dollars per month.
4. Prorating Crew Member Flight Duty Pay and Dive Pay is required for Marines who do not satisfy eligibility requirements for the entire calendar month. The amount of pay authorized for qualifying service during a day or portion of a day will be an amount equal to one-thirtieth of the monthly amount payable.
5. The aforementioned rate changes will accrue beginning 1 October 2018 and be included in the 1 November 2018 pay day payment for the Active and Reserve Components.
6. The requirements for Crew Member Flight Duty and Combatant Dive Duty remain unchanged. References (a) and (c) contain those requirements and eligibility criteria.
7. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Active and Reserve Components.
8. Release authorized by LtGen M. A. Rocco, Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//