MARADMINS : 486/18
R 050828Z SEP 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FY19 ASSISTANT MARINE OFFICER INSTRUCTOR (AMOI) AND OFFICER CANDIDATES SCHOOL (OCS) BILLET VACANCIES//
NARR/REF A IS MCO P1326.6D W CH 2, SELECTING, SCREENING, AND PREPARING ENLISTED MARINES FOR SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENTS AND INDEPENDENT DUTIES (SDAMAN). REF B IS MCO 1300.8, MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENT POLICY. REF C IS MCO 1020.34H MARINE CORPS UNIFORM REGULATIONS. REF D IS MARADMIN 091/17 DIRECTED ASSIGNMENT OF PRIOR DRILL INSTRUCTORS.//
POC/D.T. KOVATCH/MAJ/MMEA-25/TEL: 703-432-9472 EMAIL: DANIEL.KOVATCH@USMC.MIL//
POC/K.A. HOFFMAN/CAPT/MMEA-25/TEL: 703-784-9257 EMAIL: KURT.HOFFMAN@USMC.MIL//
POC/C.J. JOHNSON/GYSGT/DRILL INSTRUCTOR MONITOR/TEL: 703-432-9475 EMAIL: CHRISTOPHER.J.JOHNSON@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to announce the provisions and billet vacancies for the FY19 AMOI and OCS programs, and to solicit applications from qualified Marines.
2. Based on the recent review of Marine Corps billets that require an AMOI or an OCS instructor, the FY19 AMOI and OCS selection board will accept applications for projected vacancies listed below.
2.a. The FY19 AMOI and OCS selection board is scheduled to convene at Headquarters Marine Corps on or about 15 October 2018. The results will be published via MARADMIN in November 2018.
2.b. AMOI and OCS vacancies:
University/Vacancy MCC Location
NROTC University of California Los Angeles H06 Los Angeles, CA
NROTC College of the Holy Cross H22 Worcester, MA
NROTC Iowa State University H30 Ames, IA
NROTC Jacksonville University H31 Jacksonville, FL
NROTC University of Mississippi H46 Oxford, MS
NROTC University of Missouri H48 Columbia, MO
NROTC Norwich University H57 Northfield, VT
NROTC University of Notre Dame H58 Notre Dame, IN
NROTC Ohio State University H60 Columbus, OH
NROTC University of Oklahoma H62 Norman, OK
NROTC George Washington University H63 Arlington, VA
NROTC Suny Maritime College H67 Bronx, NY
NROTC Savannah State College H79 Savannah, GA
NROTC University of South Carolina H80 Columbia, SC
NROTC University of Tulane H90 New Orleans, LA
NROTC University of Utah H91 Salt Lake City, UT
NROTC University of Virgina H94 Charlottesville, VA
NROTC Maine Maritime Academy H9C Castine, ME
NROTC University of San Diego HC1 San Diego, CA
NROTC University of Maryland HC2 College Park, MD
NROTC North Carolina State University H54 Raleigh, NC
Navy Education and Training Center J34 Newport, RI
US Naval Academy J38 Annapolis, MD
Navy Officer Training Command K55 Newport, RI
USMC Officer Candidates School 069 Quantico, VA
2.c. The board will also consider requests for second tour Drill Instructors at MCRD Parris Island, SC and MCRD San Diego, CA for FY19 vacancies in accordance with reference (d).
2.d. Additional billet vacancies may become available after the results from the FY19 Sergeant Major through Master Sergeant Selection Board. These vacancies will be transmitted via separate correspondence.
3. Tour Length. Second tour assignments at MCRDs are 24-months. All other assignments are 36-month tours.
4. Eligibility requirements. In addition to the eligibility requirements contained in reference (a), Marines applying for the above mentioned billets must meet and comply with the following criteria:
4.a. Regular active duty Marines in the grade of Staff Sergeant through Master Sergeant.
4.b. Have successfully completed their first tour as a Drill Instructor.
4.c. Possess a minimum General Technical score of 100 (AMOI duty only).
4.d. Meet height and weight standards or be within body fat standards.
4.e. Possess a current first class Physical Fitness Test score at the time of submission.
4.f. Served a minimum of 36 months in Primary MOS since last SDA tour at estimated date of departure. Waiverable by HQMC to 2 years based upon the needs of the Marine Corps.
4.g. Have 3 years Time On Station (TOS) at estimated date of departure, in accordance with reference (b). Waiverable by HQMC to 2 years based upon the needs of the Marine Corps. Time on Station requirements for Marines requesting assignment in the same geographic location do not apply.
4.h. Marines serving at an overseas location will be required to complete the prescribed overseas tour length prior to reporting to their assignment in the Continental United States, in accordance with reference (b).
4.i. Requests for retirement that would reduce the prescribed tour length will not normally receive a favorable consideration.
4.j. Marines requesting assignment to leadership billets at MCRDs must be in compliance with the current Marine Corps Tattoo Policy, listed in reference (c). Commanding Officers may request an exception to policy from Director, MM for exceptionally qualified Marines.
4.k. Marines applying for this program must be willing to accept assignment to any vacancy listed in paragraph 2.b.
5. Marines selected for AMOI duty will be required to execute their PCS moves and report to their respective NROTC units no later than 1 April 2019. Upon reporting in, Marines should expect to augment OCS summer training from May through August 2019. Marines selected for other duties can expect to report in no earlier than May 2019 to their respective locations.
6. No later than 1 October 2018, applications with attachments must be submitted electronically using the Special Duty Assignment request in the Total Force Retention System (TFRS) to CMC (MMEA-25) via the normal Reenlistment Extension Lateral Move (RELM) routing chain. Unit Career Planners have access to the TFRS program. The enclosures to the RELM will contain the following:
6.a. Administrative Action (AA) form listing in order of precedence (1 through 25) the billets for which applying, dates served on Drill Instructor Duty, and any other relevant information that should be considered by the board. Gunnery Sergeants must annotate their promotion preference (M or F).
6.b. Independent Duty Checklist, provided in appendix E to reference (a).
6.c. Current promotion style photo taken in the last 12 months.
6.d. 360 degree photos in PT gear with individual tattoo pictures taken with measurement tools provided in reference (c).
7. This MARADMIN is not applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
8. Release authorized by MajGen Craig C. Crenshaw, Director, Manpower Management Division.//