FISCAL YEAR 2019 (FY19) ACTIVE RESERVE (AR) ENLISTED ACCESSION BONUS (EAB)
Date Signed: 9/10/2018
MARADMINS Number: 493/18
R 071535Z SEP 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2019 (FY19) ACTIVE RESERVE (AR) ENLISTED ACCESSION BONUS (EAB)//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/TITLE 37 U.S. CODE//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1040R.35/20110502//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/CMC (RA)/20170728//
NARR/REFERENCE (A) IS U.S.C. TITLE 37, CHAPTER 5, SECTION 308C.
REFERENCE (B) IS THE RESERVE CAREER RETENTION AND DEVELOPMENT MANUAL.
REFERENCE (C) IS MARADMIN 395/17, ACTIVE RESERVE (AR) PROGRAM ENLISTED CAREER FORCE CONTROLS (ECFC).//
POC/J. U. ARELLANO/CAPT/RA (RAP)/TEL: (703)784-9136/POC/C. Q. BATTLE/MSGT/RA (RAP)/TEL: (703)784-9136/EMAIL: RAP@USMC.MIL//
POC/A. S. TAUALA/SSGT/RA (RAM)/TEL: (703)432-9771/EMAIL: RAM-1@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Effective 1 October 2018, this MARADMIN authorizes either a 10,000 dollar or 20,000 dollar Active Reserve (AR) Enlisted Affiliation Bonus (EAB) in accordance with references (a) and (b). This incentive will be paid on a first come, first serve basis until funds are exhausted.
2. Administrative Guidance
a. Marines who meet the retention guidelines in reference (b) and the incentive requirements established in this MARADMIN should have their Prior Service Recruiter (PSR) submit an accession package with an AR EAB via the Total Force Retention System (TFRS). A signed Statement of Understanding (SOU) must be included as an attachment to the TFRS request.
(1) The AR EAB SOU is available in the forms section in TFRS.
(2) A validated SOU will contain the member’s name and Electronic Data Interchange Personal Identifier (EDIPI), all unit information, Billet Identification Code (BIC) information, Intended Military Occupational Specialty (IMOS) and all appropriate signatures. If the SOU is missing any required data, Reserve Personnel Management Branch (RA (RAM)) will return it to the appropriate unit for corrective action.
b. Upon approval of the accession, RA (RAM) Retention Section will forward the TFRS request to the RA (RAM) Incentives Section.
c. Upon approval of the incentive request, RA (RAM) will issue a Bonus Control Number (BCN) and forward the request back to the originator through TFRS.
d. Marines assigned a BCN, who fail to accept orders within the 30 day limit or access into the AR program prior to 30 September 2019, whichever is earlier, forfeit their incentive eligibility.
e. Payment procedure. Upon receipt of all TFRS approved documents and after the Marine’s accession to the AR program, the unit will verify the posting of the obligation remark in Marine Corps Total Force System (MCTFS). After verifying the obligation, the unit will then report the following unit diary entries:
(1) Bonus Program Enlisted For (PEF) code (report prior to bonus payment) use PEF code RC as indicated: TTC 153 001 bonus PEF RC.
(2) Applicable bonus entry with the effective date of the Marine’s Accession date: TTC 900 003.
3. Eligibility Requirements
a. Marines must have 36 months of contractual obligation at the time of accession in accordance with reference (b).
b. Marines must have less than a three year break in service from the Active Component (AC), AR, or Selected Reserve (SelRes).
c. Marines must have been released from their prior component under honorable conditions.
d. A Marine must be a satisfactory participant if he or she is a member of the SelRes.
e. A Marine is not eligible if he or she receives a reduction in rank in his or her current grade, except if the reduction was as a result of reference (c).
f. Marines entitled to receive retired or retainer pay are not eligible.
g. RA (RAM) acceptance and accession of the Marine into the AR program must occur by 30 September 2019.
h. All aviation Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) applicants must have no less than 2 years of active duty service in an eligible Primary MOS (PMOS).
i. Must fill a BIC as a grade match, or one grade higher. Example: A sergeant may fill a sergeant/staff sergeant BIC.
j. The following PMOSs are eligible for the 20,000 dollar EAB: 3451 and 6276.
k. The following PMOSs are eligible for the 10,000 dollar EAB: 0231, 0321, 6048, 6073, 6154, 6176, 6216, 6256, and 6257.
4. Retraining. No retraining is authorized with this incentive. A Marine must be PMOS qualified to be eligible.
a. Recipients of this incentive will incur a three year
obligation from the date of accession into the AR program.
b. Recipients must serve three years in the PMOS authorized for the incentive.
a. Recoupment will occur at a prorated amount if the Marine:
(1) Fails to fulfill the obligation.
(2) Executes a lateral move.
(3) Augments to the AC.
(4) Transfers to the Selected Marine Corps Reserve, Individual Mobilization Augmentees, or the Individual Ready Reserve.
b. Recoupment will not occur if the Marine:
(1) Receives a denial for further service due to twice failing selection to the next higher grade or disability.
(2) Receives a commission or accepts an appointment in the RC and has served one year of the incentive obligation.
7. The incentive amount is a 10,000/20,000 dollar lump sum payment.
8. Recipients of this incentive may not concurrently receive another incentive.
9. This MARADMIN cancels 30 September 2019.
10. Release authorized by Colonel J. M. Morrisroe, Director, Reserve Affairs Division, Acting.//