FISCAL YEAR 2019 (FY19) SELECTED MARINE CORPS RESERVE (SMCR) BILLET IDENTIFICATION CODE (BIC) INCENTIVE
Date Signed: 9/10/2018
MARADMINS Number: 494/18
R 071640Z SEP 18
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2019 (FY19) SELECTED MARINE CORPS RESERVE (SMCR)
BILLET IDENTIFICATION CODE (BIC) INCENTIVE//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/MCTFSPRIUM/YMD: 20120807//
AMPN/REF A IS THE MARINE CORPS TOTAL FORCE SYSTEM PERSONNEL REPORTING INSTRUCTIONS USER MANUAL//
POC/J. U. ARELLANO/CAPT/RA (RAP)/TEL: (703)784-9136/EMAIL: RAP@USMC.MIL//
POC/K. L. BROWN/MGYSGT/RA (RAP)/TEL: (703)784-0583/EMAIL: KEVIN.L.BROWN5@USMC.MIL//
POC/C. Q. BATTLE/MSGT/RA (RAP)/TEL: (703)784-9136/EMAIL: RAP@USMC.MIL//
POC/A. S. TAUALA/SSGT/RA (RAM)/TEL: (703)432-9771/EMAIL: RAM-1@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Per reference (a), this incentive is a retention tool that encourages continuation in the Selected Marine Corps Reserve (SMCR) by guaranteeing a valid Billet Identification Code (BIC) for 12 months.
2. This incentive is available to SMCR corporals, sergeants, and staff sergeants who agree to incur a 12-month continuous drilling obligation. Eligible Marines may request this incentive via their unit Career Planner (CP).
a. Marines must have a mandatory drill participation stop date (MDPSD) in FY19.
b. Marines must be Tier I through Tier III on the commander’s recommendation.
c. A Marine must agree to fill a valid billet commensurate with his or her current grade and military occupational specialty (MOS).
d. Marines who previously conducted a cross fiscal year extension due to receiving an incentive and have a MDPSD that fall within FY19 are not eligible for this program.
4. Screening Requirements. Every Marine must sign a statement of understanding (SOU) to be entered into the Marine's Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). The BIC SOU is available in the forms section of Total Force Retention System (TFRS).
5. Coordinating Instructions
a. Forward all requests for this incentive via TFRS to Reserve Affairs Management – 1 (RA (RAM-1)). The CPs will utilize the extension request option in TFRS if no additional contractual service is required. Zero “0” will be entered into the number of months requesting block.
(1) All submitted requests must include a signed SOU per paragraph 4.
(2) All submitted requests must include a complete NAVMC 11537A and required supporting documentation per current Reserve reenlistment, extension, lateral move (RELM) processing guidelines if the Marine requires obligated service.
(3) If additional obligated service is not required, the Commanding Officer/Commander endorsement on page 4 of the NAVMC 11537a is sufficient.
b. After acceptance of the TFRS request, RA (RAM) will run the appropriate unit diary entry. SMCR Marines will have a mandatory drill start date effective the day after their current MDPSD. The new MDPSD will be 12 months from the new start date.
c. If a Marine is in receipt of this incentive and incurs a period of authorized non-availability, the Commander, Marine Forces Reserve (COMMARFORRES) will extegnd the Marine as necessary to fulfill the 12-month drilling obligation.
6. Marines in receipt of this incentive may be released from the program for any of the following reasons:
a. Failure to participate satisfactorily during the 12 month drilling obligation.
b. Execution of an inter-unit transfer without prior approval from Reserve Affairs Policy, Plans and Programming (RA (RAP)).
7. CPs will submit requests via TFRS only.
8. The Director, RA will monitor and evaluate incentive usage and member compliance.
9. This MARADMIN is applicable to the SMCR only.
10. This MARADMIN cancels on 30 September 2019.
11. Release authorized by Colonel J. M. Morrisroe, Director, Reserve Affairs Division, Acting.//